Offroad > Mongoose

No spark no spark

(1/1)

Stupidstu84:
brought a Kymco maxxer 90cc quad LB20AB it had engine rebuild, whilst engine was out I sprayed frame, put engine back in had no spark, ( frame ground points needed paint removing ) me being me and messing around I had jump leads on battery to give it but of charge, I pulled the ground wire (green) of my ignition coil and for some stupid reason put my live jump lead onto it and blow coil🙈 only wire connected at time was black/yellow which goes straight to CDI box if I’m right so I think that’s blown,, I’ve now sorted ground earth out on frame and engine by removing the paint at certain places,  I’ve brought a cheap CDI unit of Amazon well 2 actually and still no spark also replaced ignition coil

What else could stop me from getting spark ??

Do these have to have the right CDI unit from Kymco and not cheap ones ?

Any help would be appreciated as getting to point where I’m thinking someone else needs to look at it cause I’m no good with electrics lol

Stig / Major Tom:
Good morning Stu.
Welcome to the forum.
Others will need to help with your electrics!
Was it running before the rebuild......or did you acquire a box of parts with no history of the machine?

Stig

Stupidstu84:

--- Quote from: Stig / Major Tom on December 30, 2022, 12:24:05 PM ---Good morning Stu.
Welcome to the forum.
Others will need to help with your electrics!
Was it running before the rebuild......or did you acquire a box of parts with no history of the machine?

Stig

--- End quote ---

Brought it running but needed top end rebuild which I did,,
I’ve now replaced CDI unit, stator/pulser coil, ignition coil and spark plug, got it running other day so test drove it for about 1min when I stopped I couldn’t start again and now I have spark sometimes and other times none,  this is weird lol I know nothing about electronics,, but I’m wondering if my key ignition barrel could be faulty,  would you know how to test one ? It has 4 wires, red, black, green, blue/yellow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version