Author Topic: Changing the Turn Signal Bulb  (Read 1594 times)

Rianna

• View Profile
Changing the Turn Signal Bulb
« on: November 24, 2010, 09:17:31 AM »
How do you take the lens cover off of the turn signal to change the bulb? I didn't see the answer in the manual.

juice

• View Profile
Re: Changing the Turn Signal Bulb
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2010, 09:49:55 AM »
Looking at the expanded parts diagram for the "winker assemblies" for the a 50 they don't show any screws for attaching the lens . I would guess that the lens covers are threaded themselves . You could try unscrewing the lens covers but be careful not to apply too much pressure and break them . Good luck and have a great thanksgiving .

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2010, 08:38:20 PM »
Let me know what you find out Rianna.

Also, let me know what size those bulbs are (i.e. 1156 or whatever) - I'm thinking of replacing those with led bulbs.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2010, 08:47:34 PM »
Thanks, juice. They look delicate and I definitely don't want to break it. I didn't see any screw or slots that a screwdriver blade might fit into. They look like they may just slide together and snap it place somehow. Reminds me of the old Silly Putty egg shaped holders that fit together and snap in place. I don't want to break off any claws or fasteners. I could see that happening and then needing to replace the whole thing instead of a bulb.

Will do, oswaldters. It may not be today, though. But I'll post how it went, good or bad, and what size bulb it is.

oswaldters

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2010, 08:49:48 PM »
Thanks.

I agree that it looks like it will just 'pop' off - but the question is how much force to apply and where.

But it'll be much easier than the whole brake saga you went through so you have that going for you.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 01:54:44 AM »
But it'll be much easier than the whole brake saga you went through so you have that going for you.

You said it!

Whew!!!

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()