Author Topic: Dealer coming to pickup my AK550  (Read 564 times)

rjs987

• 2022 Kymco AK 550 - Matte Deep Blue
  • Central Iowa
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer coming to pickup my AK550
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2022, 01:55:53 AM »
I also always plug my AK into a Battery Tender Jr every time it is parked in the garage. Don't know if I'll ride the next day or the next week. And that keeps the battery topped off which is good for the battery. All my previous bikes would drain the battery after a few months of sitting unused. The AK does that after a few weeks of sitting unused... which is rare for me, even in the cold of wintertime. I believe that is due to all the added tech stuff that is on all the time. More is on if not officially turned off (using the right OFF location on the nob). I've found it's really not much of an issue for me even when traveling since that's when I'm almost guaranteed to be riding at least every other day. But I do pack my Battery Tender Jr along just in case. It's small enough.

But just for a little perspective... just a little... I keep my Rav4 on a Battery Tender Plus every time it is parked in the garage also. That's the vehicle that gets used the least. Sometimes it sits there for several months between being driven. I started doing that recently since my wife tried to take it out after it was sitting for 3+ months and the battery was too low to start it. Took 3 days on the Battery Tender Plus AFTER driving for 6 miles on the Interstate highway to get the battery up to full charge again. The BT is not a quick charge but when constantly plugged in it gets the job done. We have a sedan and the Rav4 as well as my AK and my wife's Metropolitan. My wife drives the sedan mostly and sometimes takes the scooter. I ride the AK. The Rav4 is only retained in the garage for when we need to carry stuff that won't fit any other vehicle. I tried to get her to agree to downsizing to only one car, and maybe a cargo/utility trailer for big stuff but she insists we keep 2 cars even though I've not used it but a very few times a year. And then only to give it some exercise after sitting too long.
/bob
2022 Kymco AK 550 Super Touring Extreme in Matte Deep Blue
RETIRED - US Navy and Air National Guard and civilian career

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()