Author Topic: Am I too fat for a People 50?  (Read 7634 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Am I too fat for a People 50?
« Reply #30 on: January 12, 2011, 09:20:04 PM »
I had an Agility 50, weighed 230+ and rode it to the top of Lookout Mountain several times. I was impressed with its performance for such a small engine and the fact it would perform at all with my bulk. Get the People 50, ride it for a year and then decide any changes. I DID de-restrict the Agility short of the CDI and it did seem to improve. Go for it!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Willy Run

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »
I've got a buddy seat, drive boss, main jet and an exhaust from an older "04" people on the way.  I'll pep up this monster 50cc 2 stroke and find a nice trunk for a little more storage ( &weight).  After that all I'm worried about is keeping an eye out for ol Smokey and his radar gun.  Over 35mph and no plates and they'll haul me  down to the court house and get some more of my money  :)

It's a quality and machine has the power to boast, "Eat my dust"

Peters

• In Glock I Trust
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 20, 2011, 11:40:26 AM »
Just before Christmas I bought a 09 People 50 2 stroke 2nd hand from the original owner ~2500 miles on it.  She runs like a clock.  I weight 260 add another 10 lbs. for clothes.  It pulls me with no problem and has power to spare.  It'll run 35 and get there pretty quick.  I plan on adding a storage crate so I can carry different stuff (groceries, lunch box, trips to the auto store, beach bag, lap top, etc.)  Also I  just bought the accessory buddy seat off eBay for $30.00 8).  I don’t plan on riding it with my wife as the 2nd passenger but I think the bike will pull me and a small child with no problem.  I do plan on getting a little more top end by changing the drive boss.  Hope to reach 40mph and I'll be happy  ;D, It runs so good I hate to change anything else.

More than likely your scoot is already derestricted Willy Run. I drove my 09 off the lot and weigh in the 260 range also. It would do no more than 30 flat ground restricted. Dealers often offer to derestrict scooters for a price. Mine wanted $250. That included new "drive boss", derestricted exhaust, and bigger main jet. You may have some or all of those already done.

Not that you don't have a quality scooter. These things are great. Get a Tecnigas pipe next if you like the way it sounds now. Beware once you start you can't stop

Oh! Almost forgot. Buddy seat for $30 on Ebay! ;D Howd you find that?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 11:47:04 AM by Peters »
*2010 People 50 2t with 70cc kit and more
*2001 ZX-50 beater

coskier

• Scooter Commuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2011, 04:28:04 PM »
I am 235# and ride my stock 2009 People 50 from Lakewood to downtown and back at least 3 times a week (If it will start in the morning - today it did not.).  It's rolls along just fine.

GM6969

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 11, 2011, 02:23:25 AM »
HI,

big or small doesn´t matter.
Scooter = fun
All is in the scooter, Kymco People S is the best for the big boned.
I had also 2stroke Kymco people, for me it was small.
4 stroke scooters...Up to the hills is the biggest problem, but you know what, we are talking here about 50cc scoots, so enjoy even 25km/h speed up to the hill, this is all about fun, not super over tuned monster scooters.
As I am myself 118kg. 182cm tall.

Sometimes even in the Winter, and here I am not talking about "some" snow, winters here are
5 -... meters walls around and -35c -...
On the speedo will be soon 20 000km.  

Enjoy riding on this super scoot!
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 02:46:51 AM by GM6969 »

lkdbtg

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2011, 09:15:31 PM »
Get the 70cc upgrade kit.  It saved my bacon on some of the hillier portions of Colorado Springs.  :)

coskier

• Scooter Commuter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2011, 09:30:55 PM »
I am well past due for a tuneup, so I am going to take it in to Sportique for that and to have them de-restrict it.  Might check in to the 70cc option.

How would I know if I have an S or not?  All I know is that it is a 50cc 2 stroke.

GM6969

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 23, 2011, 05:08:14 AM »
I am well past due for a tuneup, so I am going to take it in to Sportique for that and to have them de-restrict it.  Might check in to the 70cc option.

How would I know if I have an S or not?  All I know is that it is a 50cc 2 stroke.

S is a four stroke model, so you have smaller version of the people.
Look here...suppose to be all the kymco models:
http://kymcopartsonline.com/catalog/index.php

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()