Author Topic: oil change  (Read 7109 times)

NewScooterRider

• View Profile
Re: oil change
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2010, 01:27:59 PM »
Thanks guys! Only one problem idk where the screen is. What do I have to do to get to it? I know where to drain it but its only a screw that comes out.

Rianna

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2010, 05:16:44 PM »
Hi, NewScooterRider. This the link for the People 50 2t Service Manual. It will have pictures in it and will come in very handy.

Kymco People 50 EN

Good Luck.

sparko

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2010, 08:23:42 PM »
NewScootRider, get off your bike and check out the manual that Rianna found for you. It's good to  understand how your scooter works before you ride it. Your scoot could be your best friend so learn all about it. Be sure you keep the oil reservoir topped up, otherwise you might easily ruin the engine. That is a great bike from what I have heard. Be good to it. Check the oil level, keep air in the tires and keep the gas filled as much as you can. Depending on the miles, you might have a dealer check it over. It could need a servicing which is worth every penny . You may have the original gear oil in it and if that is not changed early ( right around 400 miles or so) it may have metal shavings in it, which will cause the gears to sandblast themselves. Not good. Get a service and let a mechanic help you learn these things. There are many links here that will help you to understand and that will give you confidence to do it yourself. Good luck and welcome to the forum. I always liked the looks of the people best of all the kymcos. Such a classic look. Makes me want to go look at one at the dealer.

I forgot to ask if the bike has been de-restricted. Maybe that year it wasn't required but maybe someone else would know. Could be a really great bike. Keep in touch.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()