Author Topic: Injector not getting power.  (Read 2696 times)

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
Re: Injector not getting power.
« Reply #15 on: March 28, 2021, 10:17:13 PM »
Yeah, I figured that. Anyway, I took mine out and found it corroded and seals rock solid and cracked.
And then I found an aftermarket pressure regulator available, looks the same as the oem.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08P3V54ZF/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_SS4VXS0C1VKFNDWZBK2N
So I think that should work just fine. Fingers crossed. Will update later on once installed.
That's why I went with factory 5 min change out and fire it up.  Especially since the Kmco assembly is so cheap $163. Compared to around $400 for my Yamaha  Majesty.   Good luck and let us know how it works out.
In parts 200S and Grand Vista and my motorcycles 2 CS BMW'S and one GS BMW.

Sold-32 Kymco scooters of various sizes this summer.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2021, 12:56:11 PM »
You guys got me on this one! Have never even touched a "fuel pump/sending unit" for any Kymco 'cause they all worked good, lasted a long time! Stig is the one who discovered the Like and Yamaha pumps were the same. I ASSUMED the pressure relief was part of the pump and not a separate unit! Learn somethin' every day! Thanks!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2021, 01:12:27 PM »
You guys got me on this one! Have never even touched a "fuel pump/sending unit" for any Kymco 'cause they all worked good, lasted a long time! Stig is the one who discovered the Like and Yamaha pumps were the same. I ASSUMED the pressure relief was part of the pump and not a separate unit! Learn somethin' every day! Thanks!
Crossbolt what I've found is this happens when scooters sit a long long time.   My dealers mechanic is the one that explained in detail so I avoided any unnecessary work.  The other reason electric pumps fail is running them out of fuel and continue to run the pump dry.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2021, 01:45:41 PM »
Crossbolt what I've found is this happens when scooters sit a long long time.   My dealers mechanic is the one that explained in detail so I avoided any unnecessary work.  The other reason electric pumps fail is running them out of fuel and continue to run the pump dry.
Yes, running the pump dry is not good!

You and Pavel_Proo are now the "go to" guys for this type of problem!
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Pavel_proo

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2021, 04:53:00 PM »
I agree. Mine sat for a really long time with probably half a tank of gas and that's what killed the pressure regulator. Interesting fact, my Kymco is a 2009 but got first ever owner and license plate in late 2017 according to carfax.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2021, 05:12:52 PM »
I agree. Mine sat for a really long time with probably half a tank of gas and that's what killed the pressure regulator. Interesting fact, my Kymco is a 2009 but got first ever owner and license plate in late 2017 according to carfax.
Ironically so is mine a 2009 250 Xicting  RI.  Mine sat in a dealers back warehouse for years. It was a repo shortly after the sale with <2k miles on it. 

When I flushed the old fuel out it was about like varnish and stank to high heaven. Tank is now spotless.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2021, 05:18:07 PM by Kansas kymco »

Pavel_proo

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2021, 11:00:31 PM »
IT RUNS!!!!!!!
Today I got the package with the pressure regulator and it was just slightly different diameter and height so I had to purchase a bigger o-ring (I used HNBR rubber as they are resistant to fuel/oil) from A/C o-ring kit at advanced auto parts and also put a small washer on the outside to keep it snugly in place. And it fired right up. The only thing is that the check engine light is still on, will try to reset it again.

Anyway, my final thoughts are:
1. always get a fuel pressure gauge before thinking the injector is bad.
2. Aftermarket parts from Quantum fuel systems work just fine in our pumps.
Also, I have gotten a 320kpa fuel pressure regulator instead of the 300kpa oem. I heard it will make it run better, but we'll see.

Kansas kymco

• Mcpherson KS or Ely MN
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2021, 02:16:04 AM »
IT RUNS!!!!!!!
Today I got the package with the pressure regulator and it was just slightly different diameter and height so I had to purchase a bigger o-ring (I used HNBR rubber as they are resistant to fuel/oil) from A/C o-ring kit at advanced auto parts and also put a small washer on the outside to keep it snugly in place. And it fired right up. The only thing is that the check engine light is still on, will try to reset it again.

Anyway, my final thoughts are:
1. always get a fuel pressure gauge before thinking the injector is bad.
2. Aftermarket parts from Quantum fuel systems work just fine in our pumps.
Also, I have gotten a 320kpa fuel pressure regulator instead of the 300kpa oem. I heard it will make it run better, but we'll see.
Isn't it a good feeling?

Pavel_proo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2021, 05:05:34 PM »
Isn't it a good feeling?
For sure!
However I can't get the check engine code go away... I disconnected the battery overnight but that didn't help. Still same 33 code.
The manual said the symptoms would be the engine does not start or operate but I drive it just fine.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2021, 05:11:31 PM by Pavel_proo »

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()