Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 700i

An interesting issue.

(1/4) > >>

Ernst:
I have experience an interesting issue with starting my Myroad 700i and I wonder if anyone has had the same experience.

5 times now my Myroad has turned over but either fired only one cylinder intermittently or neither of the cylinders.  It will not start and no the kick stand is not down.

I now know when it is going to happen now because the RPM goes to 5K when I crank. Otherwise before I saw that it let me run the battery down and not start.

Now, when I wait an hour, it starts right up even when it sounded like I ran the battery down dead with a solenoid buzzing sound signaling a dead battery to me.

* The Battery is OEM so it can and may be replaced but it's really low mileage so I have not seen it as a direct concern especially when the scooter starts right up after it seems to have run down.

I am ready to take it in and fix whatever but I thought to ask first.
It sounds like an electrical issue to me.

Stig / Major Tom:
Efi scoots seem to like a really healthy battery....and clean battery and grounding terminals.
Stig

Kansas kymco:
Stig is correct in that EFI bikes and scooter's require a very strong battery. The battery has to spin the engine while providing voltage to the ignition and powering the electric driven injectors to delever fuel. If there is not sufficient voltage the injectors won't open to deliver fuel. 

Ernst:
The no fuel possibility makes sense. Replacing the OEM battery makes sense too.  So the logical then is to take that step and replace the battery.  I can do that. Okay.  Let me see how that works out.
Why the RPM hits 5k when it doesn't normally move at all until it starts is confusing but low voltage might be the cause.

Kansas kymco:
As Stig said make sure the battery terminals are clean as well.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version