Scooters - 125 to 300 > People GT 300i

Weird oil pressure light turns on

(1/3) > >>

Otisg:
Hello Guys,

I'm new here and I have a weird problem with my 2011 gti 300. Sometimes(there is not any permanence in the phenomenon) when I start the bike and after few hundred meters the red oil pressure light(not the service) shows up, but after I am increasing the RPM it's disappear and everything is working again like it should until this is repeated in similar way. Directly after the start it disappears normally. The oil switch has benn replaced, oil and filter also changed 200 km ago and the level is fine, but the phenomenon still exist. I have two tips:

1. Oil pump malfunction(but I never experienced Oil pump malfunction in any of my vehicles), and if it has any problems the light should lights continously.

2. Oil pump chain: if it stretched could it cause something like this?

Am I on the right track? Did someone experienced such thing like this?

Thank you and regards!

Stig / Major Tom:
Hello, welcome to the forum!

How many miles on your 9 year old scooter?

Stig

Otisg:
Hi Stig,

Currently 22000 KM.

Thank you!

JJJoseph:
Some Kymcos (every one I have owned) turn on the oil pressure light when it needs an oil change.  I estimate it goes on every ~2000km.  There's a slot below the speedo to turn it off and it stays off for the next 2000km.

Otisg:
That is right, but in this case I am speaking about the oil pressure light on the left side not the oil service light on the right side.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version