Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 700i

Weird Sound

(1/2) > >>

Stefan0714:
Hi all,

I already posted this in another thread, but thought it was wiser to create my own.

I am also joining the club I got 2013 Myroad black and I immediately realized I am the only one that owns it in the entire country.

Absolutely 0 parts and service support.

I imported it from Bulgaria to Serbia because I thought it was awesome, payed a premium as well, but didn't do much research unfortunately.

I have a really weird problem with it and would love to hear opinions on it as I see there are a lot of people here .
There is this weird sound when the bike is cold that changes in a different rubbing( only audible on acceleration)  sound when hot.
I had 3 shops look at it and no one realized what is it.

Things I have done is oil change and all filters, spark plugs as well as rollers.
Got the clutch bell sanded a bit as well as clutch pads and cleaned the entire transmission.

Here is the sound :

Thank you all,

MJR:
Hard to hear much for the exhaust and what sounds like normal noise. Mine made some belt noise when it was new but since went away. How many mi/km do you have on it.

scooterfan:
I could not hear the noise on the video but previously my scooter also had a strange noise coming and going by times and I could not determine where the noise was coming from.
The noise suddenly disappeared when I installed a complete new clutch kit. I could be wrong but I think the noise was actually coming from one of the old pulley’s bearings - probably the needle bearing.

P.S.  When I was comparing the two clutches I found that the old clutch and pulley assembly had a little extra play on the shaft when I was wiggling it on the shaft.
The new assembly also had a little play, but not as much as the old clutch.

Stefan0714:

--- Quote from: MJR on October 04, 2020, 02:20:37 AM ---Hard to hear much for the exhaust and what sounds like normal noise. Mine made some belt noise when it was new but since went away. How many mi/km do you have on it.

--- End quote ---

Hi , sorry for late reply.
I still have the noise,  if you listen to noises apart from the exhaust noises you can hear some metal sound that is audible on take off, it's pretty loud.
No mechanic i visited was able to figure out.
Scooter performs not so good when the sound is audible , once it warms up the sound disappeares and the scooter works ok.
I have new belt, new rollers and clutch has been sanded down and lubricated.
On woot I had a hiccup happen at 100mph couple of days ago, where it hesitated to accelerate.

I also had interment hiccups on take off last year.
Scooter has around 20000 miles.
Thank you

Stefan0714:

--- Quote from: scooterfan on October 04, 2020, 03:35:14 AM ---I could not hear the noise on the video but previously my scooter also had a strange noise coming and going by times and I could not determine where the noise was coming from.
The noise suddenly disappeared when I installed a complete new clutch kit. I could be wrong but I think the noise was actually coming from one of the old pulley’s bearings - probably the needle bearing.

P.S.  When I was comparing the two clutches I found that the old clutch and pulley assembly had a little extra play on the shaft when I was wiggling it on the shaft.
The new assembly also had a little play, but not as much as the old clutch.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for your input, I had the clutch completely disassembled and inspected and all seem to be in perfect order.
Also the sound seems to be coming from where the exhaust pipes are  to me and not the cvt.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version