Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 700i

Join the club

(1/10) > >>

Ernst:
 I managed to buy a low mileage Myroad 700i from Ebay Motors at a total cost of what a new 300 out the door would cost.
 I feel lucky. I am also a heavy set man so this is a good fit for me.

I thought to say hello here and since this scooter has 1900 miles on it I also figured I can learn from those riding their Myroad longer.

So hello!

Ernst:
Well, this may be a blog if I am the only one but, sharing experiences seems to be a positive.
 I am impressed with how little throttle it takes to reach street speeds of 35 mph. On the other hand the cooling fan does come on a bit because of the in city stop light to stop light reality.
 I also am getting to know the engine. Although the temperature gauge won't show anything when first starting up, I can hear and feel when the coolant starts to flow during warm up.

I am also pleased with the "lean and turn" so far.  Honestly it will take a while before I try some high speed curves. I'm cautious for sure but I truly love a hard and accelerating lean during a curve. It just looks so cool when I can get that lean and accelerate.  So far the 700i feels trustworthy so I figure I will be trying that by Christmas.  It is true that we sit a bit forward on the 700i but that seems to be just right weight wise.

I got a Temp operations permit today. Got to have a VIN review by Highway Patrol because they couldn't find the federal sticker on the scooter but at least I can take a long ride this weekend.
 I am thinking about the foot hills. Lots of curves and open roads right on up to lakes and rivers.
 If it sounds a bit romantic, man and machine, then you are right ;D

CROSSBOLT:
Don't be disappointed or disappearing if it seems you are writing to yourself! There are not that many of us that even know what that machine is! Since there are probably many of those 700i rigs out there underutilized waiting for new owners who will actually RIDE them and at stupid low prices! You will be the pioneer in acquainting us to the features and building interest. So, write on! We are reading!

Ernst:
Thank You CrossBolt.
 I am new to this community so I am learning the mores.

Yeah, Well, for the price of a new 2020 300cc, I did get this 700i. So yeah you are right, crazy low prices if you find one.
 From what I understand this was a well to do owner that traded it in on a Kymco side X side because he wanted to do more hunting on his land. Go figure. 1900 miles on it in about 4 years.
 I agree with you that there are a lot of 700is' out there that will be for sale. I have spent hours fantasy shopping for a Myroad and I watched dealers sell off their stock. So that seems to be at an end but private sales seem to be the next craze. 
 Check CycleTrader and the ilk, friends. Google searches, Craigslist and "wherever you can search" makes a difference. I learned about my Myroad on an obscure website. Again from a Google search of fantasy shopping for a Myroad.
 This one was an Ebay Motors auction. The auction price plus coast to coast shipping, DMV taxes, fees and insurance is right at about the cost of a local new 2020 300cc Kymco. So deals are out there!
 About Ebay bidding, wait for the last 30 seconds to up-bid. I waited for the last 15 seconds and had to up-bid $450 to win. I can really type fast! The point is to not give the other bidders any notification that the bid has been increased until the auction is over. Play Mean to win! In the end the high bidder lost by $50.

Neil955i:
Just had to google this one!  Don’t think Kymco ever brought this model to UK shores. Looks a beast of a scoot. Would love to ride one....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version