Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 700i

stalling with new cam sensor

(1/2) > >>

johnb:
just bought a myroad , installed a new cam sensor and it wouldn't run more than a couple seconds. what else should I look out for?

I used to have a xciting 400 before that had a bad stator, would this also be a possibility? or a bad spark plug? when I test rode this bike a month ago it was able to run at least for a couple minutes before dying.

MJR:
Welcome on the board johnb. Do you live in Bloomington by chance? The cam sensor is the same part as the crank sensor just Kymco calls the replacement part a cam sensor. You probably need to pull the sensor you put in out, the old one back in, and put the new one in replacing the crank sensor. Here's a link to my post showing where the crank sensor goes. https://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=27274.msg191703#msg191703 Post up what happens after doing that and let us know or if you need additional help.

johnb:
I'm in pasadena, I installed the new one in that spot same as in the picture by the right footpeg, is the there another location on the bike?

johnb:
so heres where I attached the new cam sensor, and in my hand is the old one, I suppose if the other one is the same then I'll just move this old one to the crank sensor' supposing this one is good, didnt wanna tear it up again as it was a pain yesterday to remove, had to remove 3 panels a footpeg and the grab bar.

dont suppose you guys have a pdf file for the service manual on this do you?

Stig / Major Tom:

--- Quote from: johnb on December 10, 2019, 01:12:05 AM ---so heres where I attached the new cam sensor, and in my hand is the old one, I suppose if the other one is the same then I'll just move this old one to the crank sensor' supposing this one is good, didnt wanna tear it up again as it was a pain yesterday to remove, had to remove 3 panels a footpwg and the grab bar.

dont suppose you guys have a pdf file for the service manual on this do you?

--- End quote ---
You might be interested in owning the Kymco service manual from Cyclepedia.com.. Current price for this official Kymco maintenance manual is @$50.
In my opinion, money well spent for an owner of any Kymco scooter.
Stig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version