Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 700i

Rear tire cracks

(1/5) > >>

PiotrKymco:
That is rediculous, I've never seen such thing before. Rear tire just crack in several places despite of the fact that is still roadable. Of course is Maxxis. WTF is wrong with this tire??? There is no other producer 69 load only 65 but I wont buy Maxxis anymore. And what is the most important thing how to remove rear wheel? Any vdeo or information? Must change that tire because affraid to ride.

john grinsel:
How old is tire?   Date can be read on sidewall.

CROSSBOLT:
Maxxis is Kymco's OEM favorite for tires and they are terrible! They wear fast and they crack early. Any major brand is better especially not following every tar snake or groove. Removing rear wheel is labor intensive. I have a Downtown 300i and ASSUME it is similar to the 700i so beware! First, take  deep breath, you will be here awhile! Remove muffler at the forward clamp to exhaust pipe. This avoids having to disturb O2 sensor. 2. Remove seat and cargo tub. 3. Remove right rear shock. 4. Remove rear wheel nut. Use a hard/soft but stout stick to block wheel rotation. 5. Remove rear wheel brake and let hose stay attached. Support with wire or lay on floor out of way. 6. Remove  all the bolts holding right swingarm cast plate. 7. The hard part is removing this plate the first time. It SHOULD come straight off but the inner bearing race and the shaft get rusty. Use a puller if possible or pry carefully with wrenches or prybars. The main thing is NO HAMMERS! It comes STRAIGHT OFF! Use penetrating stuff if you have some, light oil. Patience and persistance! 8. You may have a short fender to remove then the wheel.

Tromper:
Not sure where Load 69 comes in.
I checked Maxxis site, & older data and found one tire in that size, the M6135.

This tire shows a load rating of 66 like all the other tires I found in the range.
Die the 700 use a different, now discontinued tire?

--- Quote from: PiotrKymco on November 20, 2019, 09:08:53 PM ---...There is no other producer 69 load only 65 but I wont buy Maxxis anymore. And what is the most important thing how to remove rear wheel?...
--- End quote ---

PiotrKymco:

--- Quote from: CROSSBOLT on November 20, 2019, 09:54:05 PM ---Maxxis is Kymco's OEM favorite for tires and they are terrible! They wear fast and they crack early. Any major brand is better especially not following every tar snake or groove. Removing rear wheel is labor intensive. I have a Downtown 300i and ASSUME it is similar to the 700i so beware! First, take  deep breath, you will be here awhile! Remove muffler at the forward clamp to exhaust pipe. This avoids having to disturb O2 sensor. 2. Remove seat and cargo tub. 3. Remove right rear shock. 4. Remove rear wheel nut. Use a hard/soft but stout stick to block wheel rotation. 5. Remove rear wheel brake and let hose stay attached. Support with wire or lay on floor out of way. 6. Remove  all the bolts holding right swingarm cast plate. 7. The hard part is removing this plate the first time. It SHOULD come straight off but the inner bearing race and the shaft get rusty. Use a puller if possible or pry carefully with wrenches or prybars. The main thing is NO HAMMERS! It comes STRAIGHT OFF! Use penetrating stuff if you have some, light oil. Patience and persistance! 8. You may have a short fender to remove then the wheel.

--- End quote ---

Oh Man, that looks like hours spending in my garage. I'm so pissed you can not imagine because tire is in very good condition apart from cracks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version