Scooters - 125 to 300 > Bet & Win 250

No More OEM Air Filters?

(1/3) > >>

k7map:
So, I just got this 2006 B&W 250 off of Craigslist. Took a weekend to look everything over. Seems like the only part on it that is in need of a replacement is the air filter.

After several days of looking on-line for a stock air filter, it appears that there are no more NOS,  OEM air filters for this model?

(Yes, there was a place out of Taiwan selling them for $25+$22 shipping, Grrrr)

Does anyone know of an on line store in the US that still has stock?
Or, do I need to convert it over to some universal cone/cylinder air filter and re-jet the carb?

Thanks all

Mark in Tucson, AZ

Stig / Major Tom:
Yeah, I'm not seeing any either.
Never wanted to myself - but might be time to remove it and replace the filtering element in the stock plate with some filtering foam, or waffled/corrugated panel cut from another source. ?
Get it close, hopefully no dances with carb necessary?
Stig

CROSSBOLT:
Yes, make your own like Stig said. Use that green foam available at Cycle Gear and most ATV stores. Bet it's online, too!

k7map:
You mean take out the plastic molded OEM air filter  and literally just place a piece of cycle gear motorcycle foam across where the plastic and corrugated paper filter was and close the box up?

CROSSBOLT:
Not quite. Cleanly cut out paper filter and discard. Fix open mesh screen to original plastic on the carb/throttle body side, cut green foam to fit in hole snugly and then devise a way to hold in that hole. I used picture frame hanging wire.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version