Scooters - 125 to 300 > Bet & Win 250

Trying to Refill Coolant on B&W 250

(1/2) > >>

Togger:
What's the best way to refill the coolant container? I can't figure out the way to get the front cover off, or do I have to take the cover off the handlebar column as well? How much would a professional kymco dealer mechanic charge for this? TIA

dan v.:
There are two screws on each side of the upper legshield, just below the handlebars.  The front cover, or the "grill" if you will will then come loose.  Push down on the upper side, on the black plastic and it will come loose, and then slightly push in on the sides of the painted part.  It will come off, but can be stubborn.

The overflow container is right there, and also remove the radiator cap when cool and make sure the coolant is up to the neck.  Make sure the cap is re-installed correctly, otherwise you will have a mess.  A story for another time.

CROSSBOLT:
I just KNEW there was someone on here that had specific experience with this model! I also knew it was not me! Har, har!

Togger:
What is the best coolant mixture and type for this scooter. I live in Michigan, and the manual might be for a warmer climate. TIA

Stig / Major Tom:

--- Quote from: Togger on April 27, 2019, 01:44:20 PM ---What is the best coolant mixture and type for this scooter. I live in Michigan, and the manual might be for a warmer climate. TIA

--- End quote ---
Same as you use in your car, probably.
Give your local motorcycle/scooter shop a call.
Ask for service desk.
Stig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version