Author Topic: New Owner 2017 700i  (Read 1262 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Re: New Owner 2017 700i
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2018, 07:27:39 PM »
72" wide blade might be a bit much if the snow gets really deep. I would reconsider a 60"plus blade to save some wear and tear.  If your snow is rarely deep then the wider blade might work OK.  The 700 engine and transmission has been around for many years not only in Kymco products but also Artic Cat, Suzuki and others. From all the 700's made over the years those two having tranny problems is quite small as I have never heard of any other issues in the 3 yrs I have owned Kymco. You never know how the owner treated his transmission while he was plowing and did he use low only?  Never high when plowing!  Many kymco dealers sell only scooters, had one in my area...never even knew Kymco sold atv's & utv's, had been a Kymco scooter dealer for more than 5 yrs. My dealer (75 miles away) has never had an issue getting parts, I just call them with the part numbers and a week later I take a drive to pick them up, take the wife along and have lunch....nice trip out into the county.  Many people buy a Kymco then want to make it go faster and have more power, it is not designed for that.  They are well made sturdy built utility machines, not off road race machines. They will never keep up with a razor or a Wildcat, never designed to do that. I would never go up against a Razor or a ranger in a race but I have certainly pulled out a number of them stuck in mud where I got thru!!  Kymco's are just good quality  well built work horses for utility work but you can still have some fun with them on the trail when you want to play.
  My soft side enclosure serves me well, there is a custom shop that makes hard enclosures for ANY machine but no one I know can afford to have one built, and yes they are heavy!  My Eagle Pacific is well made, easy on and off once the initial setup is done. I spent about two days getting everything done correctly on the initial setup as lots of industrial strength Velcro needs to be glued onto the roll cage and body for attaching the enclosure.  Once that is done then adding and removing the enclosure only takes a couple hours at best and at 68 I don't work very fast so I am sure a young stud could do it much quicker!!  Surprisingly it seals up pretty good, I did find a golf cart propane heater that works great to keep it comfortable inside.  Your not gonna plow in your underware, but the heavy snowmobile suit is not needed nor are gloves....hate operating the plow and shifting with gloves on! Also does a great job of keeping the windshield clear of snow and ice buy keeping it warm enough it never freezes on it.  I realize my machine is a 450i and your is a 700 but both are good machines and will do most any job you need them to do, just take care of them.

trailjunkee

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2018, 07:42:58 PM »
I don't really have any desire to build bigger or faster, at least at this point in time. Did a lot of that in my younger days with jeeps. Really just need something that's going to be reliable and functional.

Was looking around behind the dash as I plan for my winch install and found these 3 empty connectors. Anybody know what they're for? Also found one on the driver's side under the bed, above the rear wheel. It appears to be tied into that rear light.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2018, 08:57:02 PM »
I think that white one under the hood is where you connect the Kymco analyzer tool. Other two, don't know.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2018, 08:46:24 PM »
    I also had empty connectors under the dash, just used a meter to find one with ignition switch on and off then plugged winch lead into that.  Winch install was really easy just time consuming to get all the wires routed and connected and secured. When you get it done do yourself a favor and put heavy dialectric grease (silicone grease) over the heavy leads connecting the winch and add a soft plastic cover to keep connections clean.  My winch kit came with the plastic caps but they can be purchased anywhere, with riding thru mud and water and lots of other crap it pays to keep those connection protected.  Not interested in having my winch fail when I am buried tire deep in mud and my winch is my last resort. Be sure to seal any connections that might be subject to water/mud or anything like that!

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2019, 03:30:44 PM »
it will start in any gear if the brake is pushed hard enough. "Hard enough" means just a tiny bit more than just feeling the pedal stiffen.

how hard you have to push is a function of the brake light switch adjustment, all  it is is a relay wired to the brake light switch
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()