Scooters - Big Bore > Xciting 700i

MyRoad 700i stalling again!

(1/3) > >>

MJR:
So here I am trying to ride home from work (63 miles distance) and shortly after getting a few miles down the road the bike stalls out on the freeway in the fast lane. I coast over to the right side and crank the bike over but it will not start. The check engine light is flashing out a code 2 for the crank position sensor. After waiting 20 minutes the bike would start again but only run for a minute or two before the wait started over again. So the last time I had the crank sensor replaced when the bike was under warranty was 7/17 at 5,385 miles. It's now the end of 10/18 with 14,876 miles so a little over a year and less than 10,000 miles later it needs yet another crank sensor. To add insult to injury I managed the drop the bike on the right side loading by myself. Fortunately someone came over to help me and the damage appears to be minimal. So it would appear if I keep this bike I will need to carry a spare CPS and tools necessary to swap it out along the roadside when it happens again. :-(

Stig / Major Tom:
Sorry for your troubles.
Yeah, with your commute, you need reliability as well as cc's.
I bet that was a beast to load by yourself!
You've displayed your wrenching abilities. ...
but losing power in the fast lanes of SoCal is .....
not good for the BP.
Hope you get it sorted.
Stig

CROSSBOLT:
So sorry to hear this. That flame-out could have been, well, you know...but you did well! Been an uphill battle, eh?

MJR:
She is a heavy bike. Funny when I was sitting alongside the freeway a guy stopped in his Toyota pickup and suggested we could lift it in back, I chuckled the two of us are doing to lift a 600 lb bike ah no.

I now think the other owner in Escondido made the right choice in finding a lawyer and getting Kymco to buy his back. Problem might be Kymco resold his bike to someone else. I like the bike because its different but I can see these issues being too much to deal with. For now I will buy two crank sensors and see how it goes. In part I would like to keep the bike and another I would hate to pass the problems onto someone else.

At some point soon I might need a drive belt, rollers, and maybe a pulley from time/wear.

Stig / Major Tom:

--- Quote from: MJR on November 05, 2018, 02:02:55 PM ---She is a heavy bike. Funny when I was sitting alongside the freeway a guy stopped in his Toyota pickup and suggested we could lift it in back, I chuckled the two of us are doing to lift a 600 lb bike ah no.

I now think the other owner in Escondido made the right choice in finding a lawyer and getting Kymco to buy his back. Problem might be Kymco resold his bike to someone else. I like the bike because its different but I can see these issues being too much to deal with. For now I will buy two crank sensors and see how it goes. In part I would like to keep the bike and another I would hate to pass the problems onto someone else.

At some point soon I might need a drive belt, rollers, and maybe a pulley from time/wear.

--- End quote ---
Any idea how many of these were sold in the USA?

Wonder how the SYM 600 compares? Were they sold here, as well?

Stig

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version