Author Topic: Integrate Rear Signals  (Read 948 times)

hunter0527

• View Profile
Integrate Rear Signals
« on: September 28, 2018, 04:09:07 PM »
Have been searching high and low with no avail. I am looking for a 'how to' to integrate the rear stalk signals into the tail light as the European versions have.  I have seen discussions on this but as soon as I feel there will be an answer the thread stops.  It seems everything is there, but just dont know how to attach the existing signal lights into the tail light.  Looks like you will have to drill out the plastic but not sure how to get the amber bulb to stay.  Does anyone have a write up/pics on how this is done?  Thanks everyone!

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
Re: Integrate Rear Signals
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2018, 06:04:21 PM »
Unless you have a taillight that is designed to have an integrated turn signal, you can't add one to it.

For example, my X400i has integrated turn signals already, but they were not connected to the wiring harness. So, I found a way to connect them to the existing harness.

I remember reading a while back on one of the old Honda PCX boards that some guy had converted his signals to add plug sockets into them, but I don't remember who posted it, nor do I remember which forum it was.

If I understand you correctly, your bike does not have sockets for turn signals, and you want to add sockets and bulbs? Is that right?
Two things to consider...
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.
2) Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

---
2018 Kymco 400i - "Diana"
2013 Honda PCX - "Natasha"
1982 Honda PA-50

hunter0527

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2018, 02:05:28 AM »
Yes, that is correct.  I was hoping to just pull the bulbs out of the stalls and somehow drill out the plastic and get the bulbs in there? Just don’t know how to get the bulbs to stay in? Think it’s just a matter of ingenuity but that’s what I’m trying to figure out.

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2018, 03:42:31 PM »
I think what you have to do is go to a junkyard or auto parts store, and find something called a "1157 BAY15D" socket. You'll have to dremel out (or otherwise cut) the correct opening to fit that socket into, inside your turn signal housing, and then connect the correct wires to your harness.

Here's a photo that shows the shape of that socket. You'll have to cut the plastic in the signal housing to match it, so that a 1/4 turn of the socket locks it into the plastic. I'd attempt it on some cardboard from a cereal box to get the exact pattern right, and to create a template for your custom-cut socket.

This one has an extra wire for running light capability of the light. Some don't have that third wire.

There are a couple of tutorials out there, but it will take some searching to find them. As I said, I know of one guy on a Honda PCX forum who did it, but he took the whole thing apart to do it. I don't remember what forum that was, since I don't have a PCX anymore.
1) The early bird might get the worm, but the second mouse always gets the cheese.

---
1982 Honda PA-50

hunter0527

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2018, 11:39:06 PM »
Ah man!  That is super helpful! Thank you very much for that! I’ll look around and let ya know what I find. Sounds like I might have to do a toutorial or video or both as it sounds like this doesn’t have any of the above.  Can’t believe more people don’t want to have a nice integrated look?!  Thanks again, it’s greatly appreciated!

EvilTessmacher

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2018, 08:58:58 PM »
Oh, a lot of us want to have that "integrated" designed-in look.

Some of us even went so far as to figure out how to do it on a bike that didn't have it done.

<cough, cough, http://www.kymcoforum.com/index.php?topic=26528.msg188740#msg188740 >

And some of us are even in the process of doing the front turn signals as well, and will put up the tutorial for that when they're done, I'd bet. <ahem...>

---
1982 Honda PA-50

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()