Author Topic: Problems on day one.  (Read 3317 times)

hypophthalmus

• View Profile
Re: Problems on day one.
« Reply #15 on: May 07, 2018, 12:15:19 AM »
Not sure about the Majesty, but both Yamahas I've owned (Vino 125, XV250) came with Cheng Shin tires that I don't trust at all.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 07, 2018, 11:30:43 AM »
Not sure about the Majesty, but both Yamahas I've owned (Vino 125, XV250) came with Cheng Shin tires that I don't trust at all.
Ouch. (Maybe that's like GoodYear over there? ☺)
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2018, 06:42:32 PM »
Cheng Shin Tyres (CST) is Maxxi's budget brand for the domestic market, they're rubbish, but i do like Maxxis
Rides;

Suzuki GW250 Inazuma (2016)
Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2018, 09:29:43 AM »
Now Mr Forbes, after all that beauty was a Yamaha! Put some petrol in it and jump back quickly while it starts itself and runs its own diagnostics and checks the tires.
The LIKE is made in China.....that Majesty was probably made in Japan....and I wager it came with quality tires.
Check prices on Kendas. You can get two for less than a Michelin.
Imagine what Kymco is paying for one from that trainload of them in China!

Stig
Alas. I wish it had come with a “lane keeping system “ like many of the new cars and truck from Ford. Maybe then it would not have entered the median when I looked away and gotten totaled (along with part of my left leg . [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

By the way, i can’t remember what brand of tires it had. But I remember reading from the comments on the Majesty group that they left a lot to be desired and did not like wet weather.

Man! I miss riding. But two things have to happen.
1. Family has to stop breaking out in a cold sweat when I mention it.

But most importantly
2. MONEY! Medical expenses grab all my disposable income.
Maintenance of a prosthetic leg ain’t cheap. Compare it to getting a scooter serviced at a dealership.
2009 Xciting 250

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2018, 10:49:47 AM »
Any luck with the problems being resolved?

I didn't chip in earlier but I do recall that it's not impossible to have a rear wheel that's casted incorrectly - maybe not perfectly round.

I hope things are working out for you :(
Rides;

Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2018, 11:05:47 AM »
Alas. I wish it had come with a “lane keeping system “ like many of the new cars and truck from Ford. Maybe then it would not have entered the median when I looked away and gotten totaled (along with part of my left leg . [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

By the way, i can’t remember what brand of tires it had. But I remember reading from the comments on the Majesty group that they left a lot to be desired and did not like wet weather.

Man! I miss riding. But two things have to happen.
1. Family has to stop breaking out in a cold sweat when I mention it.

But most importantly
2. MONEY! Medical expenses grab all my disposable income.
Maintenance of a prosthetic leg ain’t cheap. Compare it to getting a scooter serviced at a dealership.
Ouch!  .......and well stated about medical expenses. Can't imagine what yours came to. Daughter had her second (soccer ending) knee surgery last summer. The difference in the "on the road" price between this one, and the previous when I  was covered by the county subsidized health ins. policy was huge.
But worst part was losing the entire senior year as varsity goal keep. She defended that goal for 28 games the previous year, behind the worst team imaginable - and loved it. Busy as a one-eyed dog on a butcher shop!
Anyway, ....that was a beautiful Majesty of your's. .....I vividly recall your photo of it.

Hang in there Mr. Forbes!

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2018, 11:32:46 AM »
Any luck with the problems being resolved?

I didn't chip in earlier but I do recall that it's not impossible to have a rear wheel that's casted incorrectly - maybe not perfectly round.

I hope things are working out for you :(

We're about to find out just what the problem is, and how the dealer will handle it.  Headed down this morning to pick up the second Like (which the salesman has promised to personally test ride first) and bringing the "Jackhammer" back in to see what's wrong.  They seem genuinely sorry about the issue, so let's hope they do me right...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:34:43 AM by Gnzbrg »
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2018, 07:45:41 PM »
Back from the dealer and they agreed the level of vibration is unacceptable.  On BOTH new bikes!  So, after much (strong) insistence I will be getting new tires all around, and the 600 mile services will be done for free.  Seems fair enough to me...
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 07:49:50 PM by Gnzbrg »
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

Viper254

• Moped Pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2018, 07:56:16 PM »
Back from the dealer and they agreed the level of vibration is unacceptable.  On BOTH new bikes!  So, after much (strong) insistence I will be getting new tires all around, and the 600 mile services will be done for free.  Seems fair enough to me...

It does seem reasonable, but also seems that they're shooting in the dark with what could be causing the vibration
Rides;

Honda C70C (red, 1983)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2018, 08:35:55 PM »
What tires?
I would be surprised that anyone would keep Kendas in stock.
So, getting something else?
Really bizarre, but guess bad tires came down the assembly line togther? I kept my Kendas on only 400 miles, but it wasn't due to any issue except wet grip on my work commuting.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Gnzbrg

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 09, 2018, 08:58:31 PM »
What tires?
I would be surprised that anyone would keep Kendas in stock.
So, getting something else?
Really bizarre, but guess bad tires came down the assembly line togther? I kept my Kendas on only 400 miles, but it wasn't due to any issue except wet grip on my work commuting.
Stig

The same OEM Kendas that come on the bike.  Wasn't convinced, but Kymco's SC headquarters is sending two sets out that they guarantee to be good.  I was pushing for Michelins, but that apparently couldn't be done under warranty.  So...  That's how I ended up with the 600 mile services for free.  And if the new tires don't make it right, I have been promised the option of a full refund.  Seems like the dealer is trying to do the right thing.
2018 Like 200i
2011 Ruckus
2007 KLR 650
2000 Vulcan 1500Fi
  😎👍

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 09, 2018, 09:27:27 PM »
I was getting too much vibration on my Like 200i (compared to my old 125) and found out that a lot of the bolts in the foot area were loose and that got rid of a lot of it.  Other screws needed to be checked and tightened as well.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 09, 2018, 11:26:49 PM »
I was getting too much vibration on my Like 200i (compared to my old 125) and found out that a lot of the bolts in the foot area were loose and that got rid of a lot of it.  Other screws needed to be checked and tightened as well.
Just the opposite on my LIKE - found that I had better use the correct large size bull-nosed phillips screwdriver on the panel screws to break them loose the first time. Very tight from the factory.
I'm pretty picky - and found no delivery faults with this scooter.
Maybe it depends on how close your scooter was to the lunch bell?
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 09, 2018, 11:49:47 PM »
The same OEM Kendas that come on the bike.  Wasn't convinced, but Kymco's SC headquarters is sending two sets out that they guarantee to be good.  I was pushing for Michelins, but that apparently couldn't be done under warranty.  So...  That's how I ended up with the 600 mile services for free.  And if the new tires don't make it right, I have been promised the option of a full refund.  Seems like the dealer is trying to do the right thing.
Well, I hope you get it sorted.
It has been a fun & reliable scooter for 5 yrs, even though I had one of the 2012 assembled models, a few of which developed a faulty throttle position sensor (replaced free under warranty). No other year with this issue has come to light here. And that faulty TPS never failed to start, idle or run the scooter at speed.

I happily alternated it with my Piaggio, Burgman and Forza...and boy is it easy to service!
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

David E

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2018, 01:11:45 PM »
I had the same problem when I purchased mine.   The vibration was unacceptable.   Turns out the front tire was out of balance.   

Stig!   Those DYNABEADS work like a charm sir.  Now I haven’t used them in the LIKE but I use them in my other bike that is currently using a 300 size tire in the back.  They work wonderfully and you never have to worry about a wheel weight falling off.   You don’t even hear them in there at all.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()