Author Topic: Sun in my eyes  (Read 537 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Sun in my eyes
« on: May 09, 2018, 05:45:23 PM »
My Nolan has a drop down sun-tinted lens thing, but long ago I found that I preferred to ride into a low sun with a strip of blue painters tape applied to the face shield.

Getting ready to head home this morning into a bright sun, I popped the top case and put the tape on my helmet. I carry a roll on every scooter ride.
The dark shield darkens everything....but with the tape I have a clear view and can block even a very low sun with just a slight dip of my chin. Works good at traffic lights too, with the full sun in my eyes.

Look goofy?
Who cares - I ride a scooter.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

stuo

• View Profile
Re: Sun in my eyes
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2018, 05:57:09 PM »
Good innovation. I don't understand why the helmet makers don't add some sort of visor to our lids to block the sun. I have been tempted to wear one of those goofy looking dirt bike helmets that have a long beak on the top. 
2009 GV 250

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Sun in my eyes
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2018, 06:05:02 PM »
Good innovation. I don't understand why the helmet makers don't add some sort of visor to our lids to block the sun. I have been tempted to wear one of those goofy looking dirt bike helmets that have a long beak on the top. 
Years ago I wore a white open-face Bell with a matching snap-on visor -ala FI drivers! Thought I looked like Jimmy Clark.
Yeah, they work great.
Stig
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 06:12:38 PM by Stig »
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()