Author Topic: Speedometer not working and pulls to right with right font tire wear  (Read 4119 times)

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Speedometer not working and pulls to right with right font tire wear
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2017, 03:49:12 PM »
    I totally understand your wanting to do it yourself to make sure it gets done correctly, however, by returning it to the dealer would have learned them a lesson and also help to continue your warranty. Now they might have an excuse if anything else were to go wrong as you fixed it yourself.  Hopefully you took some pictures and documented the problem just in case a future reference is needed.  In regards to the factory service manual, go to "cyclepedia.com" and get the online version of the manual, I think it was 50 bucks for a lifetime access to the manual. Nice part is they have a question area where you can trouble shoot if a problem occurs at no extra cost. I have had no issues with them but also purchased a hard copy of the manual as well. I did start printing pages off the online version as I needed them and started a notebook, but then just said screw it and bought the hard copy. I have a similar manual for my boat, an online version that I ust print whatever pages I need when the time comes and keep them in a folder....very handy!!

monmendoza

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2017, 03:03:03 PM »
Well now isn't that kinda sneaky for the crooked dealers !!  Do you have a pic of this connector as I see a couple different connectors in that area. I would like to disconnect/grease/reconnect mine to see if that helps the issue of loosing the speedo when it gets real hot.

My kymco is in my farm. I will be going to my farm on august 19/20. I will get a picture by then if you still need it. :)

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2017, 01:00:53 PM »
Open the seat. Near the passenger side In the engine bay, there is a connector that connects to the speedometer, check if it is connected or if its connect and reconnect. I bought mine a demo unit and dealers usually disconnect the odometer , speedometer so that the extra miles won't show up. :)

OMG so glad you mentioned that.  I am going to take a look at it as soon as I get home today.  I feel I know where the connector is as the colors seem to match for the speed sensor wire (to the diagram), I just couldn't find where it connects to.  Never looked under the passenger seat.... I so hope that is it, my hopes are up lol.  Thank you!

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2017, 11:59:02 AM »
My kymco is in my farm. I will be going to my farm on august 19/20. I will get a picture by then if you still need it. :)

Is this what you were talking about?

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2017, 05:02:28 PM »

Wondering if you got a picture, and is it the same as the one I posted above?

jdub0813

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 04:26:33 PM »
Anyone any help with this issue?  I still haven't been able to figure it out :(

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()