Author Topic: Trading in ....  (Read 455 times)

wheels

• USA, NC, Raleigh
    • View Profile
Trading in ....
« on: February 14, 2018, 11:09:55 PM »
... for the Kawasaki Versys 300.  Currently have 21K miles on the Downtown, only unusual repair was replacing the steering head bearings, never did that on any previous rides.  Enjoyed this bike and it's excellent for commuting and touring.  This was used as my backup bike to Vermont (2,700 miles).

I will trust that the Versys can backup my primary touring bike, 300cc does not bother me at all.

A riding observation with the Downtown.  On twisties there is no engine braking so you have to drag the rear brake.  Here is the kicker, just back off on the throttle a small amount as you apply the rear brake.  The pulleys still stay in contact and create a drag effect, yes the belt is wearing , but so does your clutch on a standard motorcycle.  If you just close the throttle the pulleys free up and no belt drag.

Will be checking in here from time to time.   Ride Safe and Have Fun !!
2012  DT 300i  26K miles,  Bestem 929, Biondi w/s, LED brake/tail,turn, OEM mirrors fairing mount, removed buttstop
2015  GTi300  7K miles, Bestem 929 case, PUIG TS w/s, mirrors mounted to w/s, led DRLs in windguards
2014  Honda CTX700,  35Kmiles, many mods

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()