Author Topic: Allen wrench size  (Read 823 times)

moparkid

• View Profile
Allen wrench size
« on: December 09, 2017, 07:48:22 PM »
So my shed got broken into last night.....again....Fortunately the chain on the door and small windows kept the thieves from walking away with anything larger than a box. But that box happened to be my bike/car tool box that had just the amount of tools needed to work on the scoot. Most of the sockets and wrenches stolen were extras so I am able to work on the scoot. The one item I didnt have a duplicate for was the large allen wrench needed to remove the front wheel/tire assembly. Like most of us I have more allen wrenches that I will NEVER use and do not want to go out and buy a whole set for just one. Anyone here know what mm size the allen wrench needed? Thanks!

Russell

Charlie P

• View Profile
Re: Allen wrench size
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2017, 08:18:26 PM »
Russell:

I just checked my Xciting 500 and it's an 8mm on it.  Don't know if it's the same on the Downtown but I'd bet it is.

Charlie
Charlie P.
2013 Xciting 500Ri ABS
formerly 2010 Yager & 2008 Grand Vista
Near Haslet, TX (NW of Fort Worth)

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2017, 08:29:59 PM »
Hey Charlie! Enjoyed meeting you and checking out your bike. I haven't forgotten about you or the X-500. I'd say it would be an automatic "GO" at this point but my better half and I are worried about a tax bill moving through Congress so we are in lockdown mode as far as "bing" spending....meaning if we have it already, do not need it, we don't buy it. But I look at Craigslist every morning to be sure it's still there! I am hoping (no offense) that no one buys it before I have a chance to grab it. I believe you're right about the 8mm nut....it should be the same size as the one on your bike. Thank you for the heads up. I hope to see you again soon and take that 500 off your hands.

Russell

Charlie P

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2017, 08:36:09 PM »
Hope the tax thing works out for you AND me!  Good luck,

Charlie
Charlie P.
2013 Xciting 500Ri ABS
formerly 2010 Yager & 2008 Grand Vista
Near Haslet, TX (NW of Fort Worth)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2017, 10:01:49 PM »
  alan key for the axel  5/16 "   12 mm.  take your pick,  for the axel tighteners # 5 MM.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2017, 03:38:08 AM »
Hey Moparkid. I hate to hear about your lose. That's terrible. Maybe you need to consider putting a big ole ugly, hungry dog in your shed.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

moparkid

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 05:27:37 PM »
Thanks ole two wheels. These things happen in the real world we live in. Since it is more just a shed for yard tools and junk the need for a mean dog might be overkill. But good suggestion.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()