Author Topic: Dashboard lights  (Read 479 times)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Dashboard lights
« on: November 11, 2017, 03:13:31 PM »
I may have a problem I'm just discovering. It seems my low gas icon light isn't working on my dashboard. I noticed this a couple of days ago when my the last flashing gas gauge square unit was gone -  meaning that I was extremely low on gas, but there was no gas pump Icon light going off on my dashboard.

Looking at this now it furthered my suspicion on a developing problem as my oil gauge light hasn't come on of late as well. I found this strange because I'm more than damn sure I've gone the 600 + miles needed to prompt the light to begin flashing.

Could this be a problem related to a fuse, dashboard bulbs going dead, or a developing problem that may be spreading?

- Wolf 

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Dashboard lights
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2017, 04:15:14 PM »
I think the lights are LED but could be incorrect. Low fuel light come on at key on during start-up?  I carried a 1 gallon gas can to find out how far the DT300i would go to flame-out and never got there! I chickened out at 230 miles on non-ethanol and refueled. Thae last bar was gone and the pump symbol was flashing. No yellow-orange warning symbol on panel. The oil symbol come on at key on? Go out after engine start? Same symbol lights after 625 miles on my two DT300's. That is why I use that odometer for fuel status. So I won't be bothered with having to reset that thing!

Karl

Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Re: Dashboard lights
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 05:03:09 PM »
Thanks Karl, and good points. I think the icon light did come one when I turned the ignition key. I'll check again today -- for the gas pump icon -- when I head back home after my class. I'll check to see if anything's changed regarding odometer or trip meter on the dash as well.

- Wolf

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()