Author Topic: DO NOT BUY from KYMCOPARTSONLINE.COM  (Read 18773 times)

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: DO NOT BUY from KYMCOPARTSONLINE.COM
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2016, 04:40:36 PM »
Stig, you are one of the really reliable people here so why does the monster work so well for you? Maybe better, why has it not worked for apparently so many? Just the sheer volume of gripes I was inclined to rule these monster guys out but with you post I would be willing to give them a shot.

Karl

PS: OK, I re-read the whole thread which erased the confusion. Kymco US and kymcoPartsMonster.com are the good guys! I got it! Please recall the guys with the net!
« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 04:56:56 PM by CROSSBOLT »
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2016, 07:51:41 PM »
Thanks for the info! I also use Parts Monster. Good folks.
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 20, 2016, 08:28:40 PM »
Alternate take....
I have ordered from kymcopartsmonster several times - never an issue - and found the phone tech help to be courteous and spot-on each time I called!
Gather a bunch of parts for the order - as shipping is about the same for small orders and larger orders.
I rely on these folks for my Kymco parts.
Stig

My source as well. I have order from them many times over the past 4 years. Only one time did I have an issue and that was a spark plug was left out of the order. I called, they apoligized for the oversight and sent it out pronto to me.

With my dealer dropping the Kymco line I can no longer buy through them so KPM is my only reliable source.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 20, 2016, 10:35:47 PM »
My source as well. I have order from them many times over the past 4 years. Only one time did I have an issue and that was a spark plug was left out of the order. I called, they apoligized for the oversight and sent it out pronto to me.

With my dealer dropping the Kymco line I can no longer buy through them so KPM is my only reliable source.
"Full disclosure" here.... You jogged my memory.
You know what Trout? They did the same with me. Left out a spark plug....phoned or emailed them, I forget which, and they sent it out pronto, with apologies.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2016, 02:45:42 AM »
haven't found an online supplier yet that can beat my local dealer for services or prices
RandyO
IBA#9560

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 23, 2016, 10:34:13 AM »
haven't found an online supplier yet that can beat my local dealer for services or prices
I think that you have a very rare dealer!
My dealer parts guys can't get motivated enough to order scooter parts...but to be fair - have seen them move Heaven and earth to get parts to a broken GoldWing parked miles away to a guy touring on the interstate.
So, it's the monster and my mailman for my stuff.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 24, 2016, 12:50:49 PM »
I think that you have a very rare dealer!

I have heard that so many times that I can't count that high

however, I have learned it not to be true, everywhere I have been , dealers have bent over to help me.  Dealers know who their loyal customers are and which ones are customers with unreasonable expectations or will shop online to think they are saving a nickel

I don't have  kymco scooter,  my bike is a Suzuki VStrom and my Kymco is a utv purchased (actually bartered) from a multi brand Honda/Yamaha/Suzuki/Kawasaki/Polaris-Victory/Kymco dealer. 

I agree in not buying from KYMCOPARTSONLINE.COM,  only because I believe you should be supporting your local bricks and mortar vendor,  for everything in life, whenever possible
RandyO
IBA#9560

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 07, 2017, 02:15:21 PM »
Looks like they did what they were thinking. I cannot say I blame them. My question is just what does Kymco US do? What reaction have they when something like this happens? What are their goals?

Hello Kymco Nation,

We are writing today from KymcoPartsMonster.  We are not here to solicit business, but rather to address some of the issues expressed on this forum.  I am always disappointed when our company fails to meet customer expectations.  We certainly don't set out to "suck".  The guys that work here do their best.  We are a full service Yamaha-Suzuki-Polaris-Vctory-Kymco dealership; and we operate a series of e-commerce websites specializing in OEM parts.   We certainly understand the issues you experience with your Kymco products as well as obtaining parts.  Kymco's headquarters is about an hour away from us.  We get shipments very quickly, but they don't do a good job of fulfilling our orders.   Kymco products are made in Taiwan.  The parts are shipped to Spartanburg SC from Taiwan.  Kymco does not provide us with an ccurate parts fiche, and we have done our very best with outsourcing these resources; such as the parts fiche on our site.  When parts are back-ordered, we do not receive updates from Kymco.  The parts are simply shipped in bulk as they receive the parts.  We do business with several major OEMs.  Kymco is by far the most challenging.  In fact, 95 percent of our complaints are related to Kymco orders.  Furthermore, those complaints tie up an inordinate amount of our staff's time.  It is the smallest piece of our e-commerce business, and by far the biggest challenge.  My staff is tired of being yelled at by Kymco customers, and we do not experience this level of hostility with our other brands; and then there are the challenges in dealing with Kymco corporate.  In the end, we have a pretty refined system.  We do our best to fulfill orders quickly.  We have no control over Kymco back-orders, and I have no confidence that Kymco is doing anything to improve their systems.  If I took a vote, our staff would all say we should kill the website and focus on the brands that generate more substantial revenue.  Obviously if we shut down the site, you can just order from another dealer. Remember, you can only buy OEM parts from OEM dealers in the United States, and only Kymco can order parts from Taiwan.  The system is what it is.  The question becomes, is it worth it?  For those of you that had a positive experience.  Thank you for speaking up. For those of you who had a negative experience.  We are certainly sorry.  Right this minute, I am very much considering killing the site, or selling it off to a smaller dealer that may be more willing to deal with the headaches. Thank Y'all and safe riding to all.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 07, 2017, 03:59:44 PM »
I can tell you this concerning Parts Monster. When I needed a Left brake light switch for my 2012 DT 300, I called several other Kymco parts suppliers. I asked each if the Left and Right were the same and could be used on either side. No one had a clue, until I called Parts Monster and they knew just what I needed and they knew the switches were Not interchangeable. I received my part in a few days . When I need my next Kymco part, guess who I'll be calling. Good work Kymco Parts Monster.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 07, 2017, 05:46:26 PM »
Since we are giving props to parts suppliers of Kymco products I'd like to mention Sargent's Motorsports in Portland OR. When Columbia Scooters became an independent scooter shop Sargent's took over the Kymco scooter business. They have been a dealer of Kymco off-road products for years. When I did my belt replacement and variator servce I purchased my parts through them to avoid shipping fees. They were very knowledgeable and helpful and I got my parts in a weeks time. Since they also sell Dr. Pulley parts I got those items as well. Anyone in the northwest of Oregon can be assured that they will take good care of you and your ride.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 07, 2017, 10:32:13 PM »
The only thing that I don't like about my Kymco is how slow it is when my dealer orders parts.  I broke the ball of the end of my left hand brake lever when I first got my LIKE (used the side stand) and it took 4 weeks to get another and I have been waiting for a new auto-choke for over two months now, luckily these two items has not stopped it from being used but as I told my dealer that if my Like needs a part that keeps it from running I can't afford to be waiting that long as it is my daily means of transport.   >:(

souzamoto

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 08, 2017, 10:47:54 PM »
The only thing that I don't like about my Kymco is how slow it is when my dealer orders parts.  I broke the ball of the end of my left hand brake lever when I first got my LIKE (used the side stand) and it took 4 weeks to get another and I have been waiting for a new auto-choke for over two months now, luckily these two items has not stopped it from being used but as I told my dealer that if my Like needs a part that keeps it from running I can't afford to be waiting that long as it is my daily means of transport.   >:(

Gee, maybe ask your dealer why he does not keep in stock levers (and  other service & tip over items) for Kymco's?
And, I bet Kymco USA has the parts in stock and the dealer just takes his sweet time to order.
CJS

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 08, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »
He did have a RH lever in stock but I don't think they sell enough to warrant keeping more stock other than service parts.  I sent a message to Kymco Australia explaining the problem and they apologized and stated they were coming up with a better system for dealers to get parts quicker.

stuo

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2017, 06:33:27 PM »
I have had great results getting kymco parts via leeson's...and they are cheaper then the "monster" due to waiving the shipping costs for orders over $99.  https://www.leesonsarcticcat.com/contactus.htm
2009 GV 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()