Author Topic: Daelim 250 Scooter with Kymco - Poor Acceleration  (Read 549 times)

jbw857

• View Profile
Daelim 250 Scooter with Kymco - Poor Acceleration
« on: October 22, 2017, 04:28:06 PM »
I am working on a 2005 Daelim 250 Scooter which has Kymco engine and parts and electronics. The scooter sat up for five years. I drained the gas tank and put in new fuel. I removed the carb and cleaned it thoroughly. Still, the scooter has poor acceleration. I have since replaced the drive belt and installed new rollers. The Throttle Positioning Sensor reads correctly. The air cleaner is clean. The exhaust has no clogs, but still, poor acceleration. The scooter does not get over 45 mph. When the scooter is on the center stand, you can hear that the engine does not want to rev correctly. Does anyone have ANY ideas what the issue could be?

The engine starts right up and idles perfectly but just has poor acceleration. I'm at my wits end.

xsel777

• View Profile
Re: Daelim 250 Scooter with Kymco - Poor Acceleration
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 10:47:48 PM »
Check the carb again, just to be really really sure. 5 years is a long time . Maybe Diaphragm might have a small hole. What about tappet clearance.? If issue is apparent on centre stand, then it cant be the drive train. I hope this is helpful.

Sent from my Mi Max using Tapatalk

2010 Kymco Xciting 500Ri-Dark Blue

pipster326

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 11:21:40 PM »
Vacuum leak? I’m sure after 5 years, the hoses may have become dry and brittle

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gwdoiron

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 02:43:40 AM »
Most likely carburetor still gunked up, as previously noted.  The Kymco 250 drivetrain should easily to 65mph.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()