Author Topic: Variator tool  (Read 1441 times)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Variator tool
« Reply #15 on: September 16, 2017, 06:50:35 AM »

De dee, do the torque limiting extensions work with an impact wrench without having to hold the variator? I am unfamiliar with the extensions. Sure sounds like a good solution to me.
  the torque limiting extentions are made for the impack guns,.   and you can tie the brake handle to hold the wheel from turning, which stops the variator turning

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 16, 2017, 12:18:19 PM »
Thanks everyone for the helpful replies! I am strongly leaning towards the torque extensions. I have an electric impact gun and I like the simple solution.  :)
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 11:45:27 PM »
I use a cheap electric impact wrench, and just hold the variator with one hand while I impact it with the other.  If you're nervous about torq settings, use a simple torque limiting extension.  I just eyeball it and it works OK.  Works on both variator and the clutch.  Also the rear wheel nut (24mm), and the flywheel nut.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2017, 12:43:18 AM »
I use a cheap electric impact wrench, and just hold the variator with one hand while I impact it with the other.  If you're nervous about torq settings, use a simple torque limiting extension.  I just eyeball it and it works OK.  Works on both variator and the clutch.  Also the rear wheel nut (24mm), and the flywheel nut.

Thanks JJJoseph. I have a cheapo Harbor Freight electric impact wrench. Love that thing! Just for insurance Im going to get the limiting extensions. Have a good one...Paul
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()