Author Topic: Hard Start Issue  (Read 855 times)

maninbabylon

• View Profile
Hard Start Issue
« on: April 02, 2018, 07:34:44 PM »
I need some help on this one. I have a 2009 Kymco Grandvista 250. Upon starting, I clutch the left brake, it will turn over. If it doesn't fire up within a couple pushes of the start button, it stops completely from turning over. I can push the start button and only hear a click sound. Then, if I clutch both the left and right brakes at the same time after trying it with the left one only, it will turn over a few more times. If it doesn't fire up by this time it goes completely dead again and it will not even turn over. Then, when I jump start it after that using another battery, the same thing happens with the brakes if it doesn't fire up. First the left one will work, then after two punches of the start button it goes dead again, then I hold both, same thing if it doesn't fire up. So, I suspected the Brake Stop Switches. I took them apart and cleaned the contacts and confirmed they were working properly. After all this, if I jump it off from the car it will usually fire right up no matter which brake I hold or how many times it takes.  The battery is good and tests good.  Any ideas...?

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Hard Start Issue
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 08:51:20 PM »
Does your brake light come on strongly when you pull the brake lever?
How long since valves were adjusted?
Fires right up with car battery - but don't always get good results when using "other batteries"?

Makes me suspect actual condition of your "other batteries", combined with time for valve adjustment and/or new spark plug.

Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()