Author Topic: Spade Review  (Read 1629 times)

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
Spade Review
« on: June 10, 2018, 12:11:39 AM »
Purposely stopped at Competition Accessories in Springfield, Ohio during my 300 mile trip home today.  I knew they handled Kymco (I've had 3).  I bought a Kaw. Z-125 before the Spade came out.  They had one today.  I didn't get to ride it,  but here's some things I liked.  The seat height is lower and really easy to get on and off.   Simple,  No plastic body panels to break or scratch.  Fenders Are plastic,  but that's Ok.  Gas Tank appeared to be steel.  The lights are mounted on open Metal Brackets.  They claim top speed around 66 mph with 150cc's.  I get 63 mph on the Z-125 with the wind at my back.  Wheelbase seemed to be longer and riding position seemed to be better as handle bars seemed further away.  Had I known about the Spade I sure would have waited.  I'm almost 69 y/o so I need something smaller and lighter since I've had a few spills.   I'm not sure I liked the Ignition Key under the tank, but that's Ok too.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Spade Review
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2018, 12:34:12 PM »
Purposely stopped at Competition Accessories in Springfield, Ohio during my 300 mile trip home today.  I knew they handled Kymco (I've had 3).  I bought a Kaw. Z-125 before the Spade came out.  They had one today.  I didn't get to ride it,  but here's some things I liked.  The seat height is lower and really easy to get on and off.   Simple,  No plastic body panels to break or scratch.  Fenders Are plastic,  but that's Ok.  Gas Tank appeared to be steel.  The lights are mounted on open Metal Brackets.  They claim top speed around 66 mph with 150cc's.  I get 63 mph on the Z-125 with the wind at my back.  Wheelbase seemed to be longer and riding position seemed to be better as handle bars seemed further away.  Had I known about the Spade I sure would have waited.  I'm almost 69 y/o so I need something smaller and lighter since I've had a few spills.   I'm not sure I liked the Ignition Key under the tank, but that's Ok too.
What did you think of the store?
How were you treated?
"Comp. Access." is now Ride One.
They still have ordered no new Kymcos for the year 2018.
Yep, no rides at this dealer. Buy it, then you get to ride it.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2018, 08:52:36 PM »
We don't have the Spade in Australia at this time.  Would love to see one.

Urbestfriend

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2018, 12:07:26 AM »
Stig....I have been there many times.  This time I didn't particularly intend to buy anything.  I just knew they had Kymco's in the past.  Ride One was their previous Internet Name.  They do have a good wide selection of everything,  especially Scooters.   I was asked once if I could be helped,  but there were few customers at that time.  It's a good 3 hour trip for me from home.   I have very few bike needs anymore,  but I do like to keep up with the market.   I have become more fond of Thompson Motorsports in Terre Haute.   But it's still an hour trip there.  I believe Kymco has a good product from my experience.   Around here the biggest Scooter Market is for those who've lost their Driver's Licenses.   

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()