Author Topic: Xciting 400I / Xtown 300i questions  (Read 1345 times)

gwdoiron

• View Profile
Xciting 400I / Xtown 300i questions
« on: August 15, 2017, 12:35:19 AM »
I currently have an XC250 and an XC500Ri ABS
I *was* looking to replace the XC250 for something with good mileage and ABS brakes, and keeping the XC500 for long trips.
I had narrowed the choices down to the Burgman 200 and Forza, and finally decided that the Forza was the one (no loss in short run interstate ability, plus that 8000 mile oil service interval would mean only two oil changes per year instead of 6-7 on the XC250), but I just noticed the announcement of the XC400I/Xt300i.
The current reviews don't have a lot of great information, such as

Fuel tank capacity/mileage?
Oil service interval?
GPS top speed?
Most importantly, what frame is each bike a descendant of?  The Downtown would have been a good bike except for the fact that leg room was too tight, which is why I went with the Xciting frames.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Xciting 400I / Xtown 300i questions
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 05:42:17 AM »
Hi gwdoiron and welcome to the forum. When I first got my DT3001 it was the most cramped and uncomfortable scooter I'd ever had, but with the addition of outboard foot pegs, mounted forward of the factory foot rest and a back rest, it is now very comfortable. The pegs also offer alternate foot positions for longer rides. The back rest seemed to help with the cramped foot space feeling. Now it's like riding cruiser style.. The DT300i is a great. all round scooter. Light weight and easy to handle but can handle highway and expressway speeds like the big boys. I love my DT.Picture is small
but maybe you can see what I've done to her. I fabricated my own mounting hadrware.
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

gwdoiron

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 10:57:17 PM »
I'm glad you found an acceptable (to you) workaround for the problem with the Downtown's lack of legroom.  That's not a hoop I'm willing to jump through.  Also, if the bike goes down, I want my legs INSIDE the frame.  In your case, your footpeg will happily collapse upwards, crushing your foot.  If your feet are in the floorboards or up on the stock footrest platforms, there is a steel frame protecting your feet.

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2017, 02:55:49 AM »
Yelp, you have a point there, for sure. If you think it's unsafe, then it's not for you. As for myself, I've been riding motorcycles for the pass 63 years with my feet out front so I am comfortable riding that way. As far as I know, there's no other way to expand foot room on the DT. The GT300i has lots of foot room and is the same bike except no hump in the middle and bigger wheels. As an after thought, do you really think your feet' and the rest of your body will actually stay in the riding position after you've lost control? From the moment you lose control of any vehicle, you are just along for the ride.
Cheers and safe riding.........
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Forbes1964

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2017, 10:12:04 AM »
Looking at the specs for the xc400, it seems to have a lot in common with the xc 250/500. I believe that the seatback remains adjustable. I believe that it's still a large frame scooter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2009 Xciting 250

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()