Author Topic: my Agility gets extreme hot on the CVT  (Read 820 times)

piotrwielki84

• View Profile
my Agility gets extreme hot on the CVT
« on: August 20, 2017, 03:47:36 PM »
i have a problem with my Agility 50cc 4t. the cvt or variatorshield or whatever it's name is get really hot after couple miles driving so i easly get burned while touching it the fan got melted til small black pieces. tried to change the gear oil and the main oil but it didnt change a bit still got hot. how do i do to get rid of this issue have changed the clutch, drive belt and variator with 5grams weights and plain pulleycollar. while im driving it give a slightly a metallic sound like its some small metall rassling inside the variator but sometimes disappear while driving but its botherings me still. so if anyone would tell me what to do i would really appricate that.

kindly regards Piotr

p,s sorry if my english is poor or misspelled.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: my Agility gets extreme hot on the CVT
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 09:38:27 PM »
I will bet the belt is slipping because the belt is not correct. Don't worry about you English. You are doing well.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

piotrwielki84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 07:37:00 AM »
put the same belt the original was. are there other issues that might cause to make it hot?.

Mr. Paul

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2017, 09:19:53 AM »
What is the air temperature where you ride? Its not unusual for the variator cover to get hot to the touch. Where is the fan that melted?
2009 Kymco People 150
1993 Honda Helix

piotrwielki84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »
I dont Know THE temperature but is so hot after 300m that only few seconds get burned THE fingers. THE fan is melted to Pieces and scattered around inside THE cvt but THE best,clutch and variator is Still nice condition luckly since they all brandnew. But does carburator fuel delivery have antal connection its get so hot? Readt somewhere IF it get tio less fuel i might overhead THE engine bur i dont Know IF tjata THE case.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2017, 11:22:25 PM »
The belt you first saw, Piotr, may not have been the original but an incorrect one put in by the previous owner. If the V-angle is not correct, it will slip like crazy and get very hot.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()