Author Topic: CDI Compatibility  (Read 682 times)

strickland

• View Profile
CDI Compatibility
« on: July 02, 2017, 02:40:34 AM »
I have an Agility 125 (2007) which I love and has been my faithful companion for the past 6 years.  Recently started showing signs of intermittent electrical problems (eg:  runs fine for 15-20 mins then stops, sometimes when I'm halfway to work...grr!). I'm working my way back through the main components of the ignition system - coil, CDI, stator, kill-switch, plug, condition and connectivity of all wiring. I'm pretty convinced the CDI is playing-up so started trawling ebay for replacement.  Here's where I need advice from you Kings of Kymco;

My CDI is one of those bigger 6-pin DC units - 94mm X 55mm.  On eBay looks like the world has moved on and these big units are quite rare (or really expensive).  The most common units are now 75mm X 50mm.  Many sellers say they are ok for Kymco 125 but are not too specific.  ~$20 for the 75mm units.  Closer to $80 for the 94mm units.

Has anyone had experience with these cheaper CDI's?  If I get the pin pattern right and and make sure it's a DC unit is that all that matters or are there other factors that I need to beware of?

Redk

• View Profile
Re: CDI Compatibility
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 05:33:44 AM »
I do buy a lot of cheapo parts on ebay.
It's possible reliability of a part might be best from the highest volume vendors.
Chances are the return policy is better than someone selling only a small lot of them.
Good luck
redk

strickland

• View Profile
Re: CDI Compatibility
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2017, 10:41:51 AM »
Thanks redk - so any DC CDI should theoretically work or are there other things I have to consider?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()