Author Topic: Changing Front Brake on Kymco 150  (Read 1006 times)

Maybelline2

• View Profile
Changing Front Brake on Kymco 150
« on: July 04, 2017, 04:38:14 PM »
Awaiting a repair manual for the Kymco 150, however my partner decided to attempt to change front brake pads, as it seemed like a straight forward job. The brakes went on well and seemed a good fit. He did not bleed the brake fluid first. The brake lever was extremely hard afterward, so we attempted bleeding the line to see if that released pressure, since the pads were thicker now.
This only made things worse--the brake lever is now unmovable. We are considering putting the old pads back on, but before we assume the pads are the problem, I am hoping for an opinion on what we may have done wrong in the process. I realize that scooters are different than cars, but it should have been a pretty easy repair. Could it be a failed caliper? Thanks!     
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 08:27:54 PM by Maybelline2 »

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
Re: Changing Front Brake on Kymco 150
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2017, 10:39:27 PM »
Very similar to car disc brakes only simpler. Did you sqeeze the one piston into the caliper to make room for the thicker pads? Probably will not need to bleed if the hydraulic line was not opened. I suggest you and your partner go to the library or study on line the generic instructions concerning this project.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()