Author Topic: Disconnect startup buzzer on UXV 450i LE  (Read 1796 times)

virtualkris

• Playing in the Blues
    • View Profile
Disconnect startup buzzer on UXV 450i LE
« on: August 14, 2017, 09:56:31 PM »
I'm new to this forum.  We purchased a 2016 UXV 450i LE last summer and have been truly enjoying it.  We own property in the Blue Mountains in Northeast Oregon and there are lots of great trails nearby.  The only gripe I have is that I find the startup buzzer pretty annoying and would love to disable or disconnect it, if it won't affect the operation of the machine.  Can anyone provide some information on that issue for this machine?  Thanks in advance.   8)
If I'm not riding my Harley, I'm driving my UXV

airshot

• View Profile
Re: Disconnect startup buzzer on UXV 450i LE
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 02:57:53 AM »
    This is coming from the factory service tech....the buzzer is really a timer for starting after sitting for a period of time. It allows the efi to set itself, read temp of engine and prepare for an engine start. For example in cold winter, waiting for the buzzer to stop allows the system to prepare for a cold weather start. Once engine is at operating temp then the buzzer is of no value, just press the brake pedal and hit the start. But for cold starts, you are supposed to wait until buzzer stops and engine will start more quickly. I do know it makes a big difference in the winter, but in warm weather (summer) I don't wait, just go to start.  If my machine has not run for awhile I do wait for the buzzer. Hope this helps....

poorboy1964

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 01:40:54 PM »
What airshot posted makes good sense i have told anyone on my machine to turn key on and wait until fuel pump cycle turn off before starting, this will only matter on cold starts.
I would think that you could find the buzzer pick the ground side of the lead and put a switch on it if it really bothers you. I don't have a buzzer on mine so I can't tell you where it is

virtualkris

• Playing in the Blues
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2017, 04:34:16 PM »
Thanks for the responses and information.  I'm glad to hear that the buzzer serves an actual purpose and isn't just a "nanny state" requirement to protect us from ourselves.  Given the information you've provided, I think I'll just leave it alone.
If I'm not riding my Harley, I'm driving my UXV

Roy412

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2018, 09:05:46 PM »
Put a piece of electrical, duct, or gorilla tape over the buzzer and it will dull down the buzzer sound.  That's what I did and now it is a faint beep that you can still hear. 

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2018, 02:04:01 AM »
Put a piece of electrical, duct, or gorilla tape over the buzzer and it will dull down the buzzer sound.  That's what I did and now it is a faint beep that you can still hear.

Where exactly is this buzzer located???

ksimpson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2018, 09:39:45 PM »
Where exactly is this buzzer located???
If you pop the hood off and stand facing the front of the machine, it will be to the right of the back right corner of the under hood storage compartment.  If I made that confusing, it's pretty much straight forward of the steering column but accessed through the hood opening.  There is a line of 4 connectors (I think) and I believe it is the furthest right connector.  The buzzer is just to the right of that connector.  Mine is unhooked.  I have a 2016 450i.

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2018, 11:23:05 AM »
If you pop the hood off and stand facing the front of the machine, it will be to the right of the back right corner of the under hood storage compartment.  If I made that confusing, it's pretty much straight forward of the steering column but accessed through the hood opening.  There is a line of 4 connectors (I think) and I believe it is the furthest right connector.  The buzzer is just to the right of that connector.  Mine is unhooked.  I have a 2016 450i.

Ok thanks I’m going to take a look at it. It is rather loud and annoying. But as airshot said it does serve a purpose.

airshot

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2018, 08:05:49 PM »
    I guess I have gotten used to it, in the warmer weather I don't wait for the buzzer to stop, just turn the key and start it up. When it is colder and I need to warm it up a little than I wait for the buzzer to stop, but in general it doesn't bother me....at least not yet!

Dayooper

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2018, 02:50:54 PM »
My Hero!!!! That electrical tape fix has saved my sanity.... thank you.

rsustaire

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 10, 2018, 08:59:59 PM »
Thanks for the info on the buzzer. Just put electrical tape on it and much better.

jwad1982

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2018, 12:53:24 AM »
Thanks. I too put a couple pieces of duct tape over the buzzer. So much better, definitely not as piercing.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()