Author Topic: Decals Removed  (Read 1308 times)

MJR

• View Profile
Decals Removed
« on: April 02, 2017, 03:07:09 AM »
Since I bought the bike I wanted to simplify the look of the bike by removing unwanted decals and relocating the other decals (yes the noise emissions label was a b***h and didn't come off in one piece). I removed the two from the windscreen, removed the KYMCO decals from the sides of the bike, and relocated the others under the seat. It looks less busy or rolling billboardish. Now it just has the clean lines and if someone doesn't recognize the logo they will have to ask who makes er made it.  8)

« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 05:52:58 AM by MJR »
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: Decals Removed
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2017, 02:07:02 PM »
I'm  sourcing some nice Alfa Romeo script and clovers  for my LIKE200i.  Let them figure that out at the gas station.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2017, 07:39:07 PM »
Hey, MJR! Really looks good! They kinda did go overboard.

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

MJR

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2017, 11:01:11 PM »
I'm  sourcing some nice Alfa Romeo script and clovers  for my LIKE200i.  Let them figure that out at the gas station.

Be careful, years ago around here some CHP pulled over a guy who had BMW badges on a Honda Civic because the plates registration didn't match a BMW, lol. It was on the news and I laughed so hard because it was obvious to me it was a Honda with BMW badges but they gave him hell of a time.

Hey, MJR! Really looks good! They kinda did go overboard.

I really hate having decals directly on the body in plain sight and then making the decals so cheap/thin you almost can't get them off without destroying them to relocate. And over time they just make it look worse and then you'll never get them off.

Of course I have an issue on my recently acquired Aprilia Atlantic 500 though because a previous owner removed the emissions label and placed it in the back of the owners manual (at least I still have it). I don't see a problem removing them because Aprilia stuck them directly on a painted side panel in plain sight but I would at least put them back on the bike where they were hidden but accessible like I did on my Burgman where they are in the glove box. See here in Kalifornia (I brought this bike in from Arizona) to register it here it has to have the emission label on the bike (also because there is less than 7,500 miles on it the label has to show California emissions) and since the VIN isn't printed on the label it's of no use. So now I have to wait for the state to figure it out, Aprilia of course can't supply the label anymore. I did find a place that can recreate the label from an image of mine and the dimensions but I think I'll wait to see what the state says before I drop $120 on that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 11:07:56 PM by MJR »
'03 Clipper Yellow Honda Reflex
'03 Coast Cyan Atlantic 500
'14 White MyRoad 700i
'09 Mirage White Burgman 650
'06 Oort Gray Burgman 650 project
'05 Sonic Silver Burgman 650 project
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650, rebuilt/upgraded CVT w/Polish adapter
'03 Space Blue Burgman 650 parts bike

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 02:09:43 AM »
Really nice looking scoot. I love the white ones. There should be an small aluminum plate down by the side stand mounting bracket with the VIN stamped in it. It is illegal in all states to remove or alter that tag. They plaster those other stickers all over the bike. All windscreen stickers should be cling type and pull off with no adhesive residue. Thanks for sharing the pics.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()