Author Topic: LIKE200i rear wheel removal, REVISED  (Read 21782 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Re: LIKE200i rear wheel removal, REVISED
« Reply #45 on: May 14, 2024, 07:53:36 PM »
Sean, I've started a service ticket with the folks who wrote the KymcoUSA service manual - explaining your situation, incl what you've tried.
If they offer any tips I'll let you know.

Stig

Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

Neil955i

• Cheshire, UK. The older I get, the faster I was...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2024, 07:01:51 AM »
Nice boat!
If you need any deck hands - I just finished the Pirates of the Caribbean series - and Neil - he must be a sailor, living on an island as he does - has seen Master and Commander twice!
We'll just need to discuss paid leave and health insurance....

a question: How do you get the 260lb scooter off of the boat?

Stig

You do know I’m over 100 miles from the nearest sea Stig?!  Open to offers mind 😉

I should imagine the answer to that question would be “very carefully” down the gang plank?
Regards & ride safe,
Neil

Current garage:  Kymco DTX360 & Triumph Street Triple 675R
Past bikes: BSA C15. Honda S/wing (GL500). Kawasaki GPz750. BMW K100RS. Kawasaki GPZ900R. Yamaha FJ1200 x2. Sprint. Triumph Daytona 900. Kawasaki ZX-7R. T595 Daytona. Kawasaki ZX-9R x2. Triumph Daytona 955i. X-Town

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2024, 09:14:10 AM »
From Kymco tech support...
"Yeah, no more special tricks beyond what you have tried other than combining the methods along with rubber mallet tapping here and there. What will get it done is persistence, just keep trying and it will come loose. If possible you can lean the machine over to help the lubricant get in there, pay attention to the position of the rear fork and work it from multiple angles as it can get bound up."

Persistence.....sometimes the hardest tool to find...

Good luck,
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

slwelsh

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2024, 02:52:12 AM »
Nice boat!
If you need any deck hands - I just finished the Pirates of the Caribbean series - and Neil - he must be a sailor, living on an island as he does - has seen Master and Commander twice!
We'll just need to discuss paid leave and health insurance....

So, you are out of Bear, Delaware?

Lol, we get lots of crew offers. It sounds great until you hear the hours and the actual work.

Bear was just a "port of convenience" when we named the boat (a hailing port is a legal requirement for naming a documented vessel). At that point in time we'd already been living several years in an RV and had no fixed home to speak of, and the last place we lived in a fixed dwelling for any length of time was the SF Bay Area. We could have chosen San Jose, CA as our hailing port, but since we bought the boat on the east coast, we figured that would lead to too many "so, did you bring it through the canal?" type questions. Neither of us was partial to any of the places either one of us had lived on the east coast, and so we ended up just picking one. We titled the dinghy out of Delaware for fiscal reasons, and so we just picked Delaware for the big boat, too. "Bear" was the shortest seaport name in the state.

My daughter wanted to see the Atlantic - and Delaware was a straight shot over - so we went to Lewes, DE last summer. Took the pup. (we won't be going back to Florida until the dog expires....she doesn't now that - I hate putting her in the kennel - the dog, not the daughter)

a question: How do you get the 260lb scooter off of the boat?

There is a davit crane on the boat deck, port side aft, that exists to lower and raise the dinghy. It's an 800-lb crane and we had, at one time, a ~600lb dinghy (we switched from a fiberglass model to an aluminum one, dropping that to ~400). So the scoots are nbd for the crane. We use Canyon Dancer bar restraints to strap them in their deck chocks, and the Canyon Dancer becomes part of the lifting tackle. I replaced the bolts for the rear grab bar with eye bolts for the other end of the harness. Obviously, we have to be at a dock. port-side-to, to offload.

-Sean
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 03:00:16 AM by slwelsh »
-Sean
2017 Like 200i

slwelsh

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2024, 02:58:44 AM »
From Kymco tech support...
"Yeah, no more special tricks beyond what you have tried other than combining the methods along with rubber mallet tapping here and there. What will get it done is persistence, just keep trying and it will come loose. If possible you can lean the machine over to help the lubricant get in there, pay attention to the position of the rear fork and work it from multiple angles as it can get bound up."

Persistence.....sometimes the hardest tool to find...

Thank you so much for following up with this.

The whole shebang is still sitting up there on the boat deck untouched, albeit with the new tire supporting the muffler to keep it off the deck paint. After last I posted here, a whole bunch of other things supervened -- we've moved the boat three times since then, and been on a long shopping and mail-retrieval trip aided by serendipitous friends with a car. Normally, the Like would have done the mail-retrieval and shopping duty. Oh, and I had to transit to an Amazon locker to pick up the new bearings, NSK models. By the time I am done with the heat and the, umm, persistence, the one that's in there now will be toast.

-Sean
-Sean
2017 Like 200i

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()