Author Topic: Big Bore Kit For Kymco Agility RS Trike  (Read 1122 times)

Stokesy64

• View Profile
Big Bore Kit For Kymco Agility RS Trike
« on: December 24, 2016, 03:07:19 AM »
Hi all Since moving from Tasmania Australia to Western Australia last year I have been wondering if it would be  worthwhile to purchase and install a big bore kit for my Agility RS Scooter that has been coverted to a trike for my wheelchair? Bare in mind that the trike is quite heavy and because of this my top speed is around 85 to 90km an hour. was wondering how much more power it would give me if I installed a 160 -170 Big Bore...... I am legally allowed to ride on the freeways here in Perth with my Trike as a stock 125cc but choose not to do so most of the time due to the traffic on the freeway and my lack of speed......Limit here is 100km on the freeway any advice would be greatly appreciated......Merry christmas to all and please be safe

Cheers

Whimpy64

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Big Bore Kit For Kymco Agility RS Trike
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 09:05:44 PM »
Whimpy64, A big bore kit would give you more power at the rear wheel for sure. I don't know the speed limits for freeways in Australia. Here in the U.S. they are 65 to 70 mph. A bit much for a 170cc bike, especially with your extra weight added. In fact, here a two wheel cycle must be of 250cc or higher to get unto the freeway,interstates. I wonder how hard it would be to move your trike kit to a larger scooter? I think the big bore kit might be less expensive, but the satisfaction level would be much higher going with a larger bike.
I was in Texas some years ago and saw two 750 Honda motorcycles rigged for the rider to remain in his wheelchair while driving the bike. They had sidecar attachments, with the traditional passenger tubs replaced with a platform and small railing around it and the ramp formed the rear railing and it doubled as a ramp. Once the rider was on the carriage, he pushed a lever forward and it came up against the chair wheels and locked him in. The handle bars were moved to the front of the driver and transmitted movement to the triple tree on the bike via bell cranks and rods. I want to say that the bikes had automatic transmissions, as Honda tried them on 750 and 400cc m/c. They had mounted a grab bar over the fuel so that a passenger could mount where the driver would have normally sit and had two windshields. Wish I had a picture to send you and I took some, but there no telling where they are now. Just thought you might enjoy hearing about them and it just goes to prove that where there is the will, so there is a way. Keep on riding as long as you can mate.

Mac, aka "ole two wheels"
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Stokesy64

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2016, 02:17:07 PM »
Hi Mac..... Thanks for the reply I really appreciate your interest & input on this...... As stated here in Perth IT IS Legal for me to ride my Trike as it is now Stock 125cc on the freeway..... I have started to look for a bigger trike already as I am still quite capable of riding a standard trike in the normal way and would just need it modified a little to enable me to carry my chair......Have thought about an Indian RoadKing or a Honda Goldwing But in order to do this I would need to sell my present ride and as it is custom built to take a chair without the need to transfer the market is extremely limited so I think it may take quite a while to sell lol As it sits now weight is 128KGs Clean without my chair and myself on board and my present top speed is 85 - 90kms an hour and the Limit on the freeway here is 100kms an hour so as you can see I don't much more grunt to obtain the speed limit so that I don't hinder traffic flow
So this is the reasoning behind my question re the big bore kit....... my scooter only runs off one rear wheel and thought that I may get more power to enable me to ride safer and not hold traffic back while I'm trying to sell it..... Hope this makes it a little clearer                Thanks again for your reply

Cheers Pete (whimpy64)

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 04:43:15 PM »
Yes Pete, I completely understood what you said in your original post. Since you are so close to the speed limit with 125cc's, a big bore kit should put over what you need, until you are ready to move up to  a larger bike. If your freeways there are anything like ours here, you need to be able to stay with the traffic flow or you are subject to being run over. Hopefully the people in your country are more considerate of motor bikes than they are here. I wish I could be more help, from a mechanical view, but I've never installed a big bore kit. Maybe some other forum members can shed more light. I wish you the best with your project and I really appreciate your determination to continue the enjoyment of motoring on two, or three wheels. Ride on mate.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

Stokesy64

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2016, 05:21:02 AM »
Cheers Mac ;D Ah Mate...... There are just as many inconsiderate idiots on the roads over here...... I'm hoping to move up to either an Indian Roadmaster or a Honda Goldwing in the not to distant future..... It all depends on Cash Flow or as you say your end Greenback Dollar lol.... Take care

Cheers Pete

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2016, 05:57:38 PM »
Good for you mate. Either of those bikes won't have any trouble reaching the speed limit and even doubling it. The Indian Chief is a beautiful bike, but the Roadmaster ain't bad either. All of the above are high dollar rides. It's 50 degree here and sunny and me madam needs some medicine from the Chelsea drugstore, so that's as good a reason as I need to drag the ole scoot out. Cheers to you and your's also mate and hope you have a grand new year.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()