Author Topic: Scared myself !  (Read 967 times)

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
Scared myself !
« on: December 25, 2016, 04:43:10 PM »
While getting back on my scooter, quite a few miles from home, I  discovered that my scooter key was missing!
I walked away to think things over...in case the whole town was watching.
20 mins later I found the key in my many layers of clothes.
As soon as I  got home I  went on ebay and ordered 3 extra keys....had them all cut...and carry an extra key in all riding jackets...and one secreted on the scooter.
Also,  I learned never to put away my key while still wearing my riding gloves.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Re: Scared myself !
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2016, 06:10:31 PM »
Glad to hear you found it. I had once left my keys in my ignition and left it for about an hour. Luckily, one of my students told me about it. Since then I always slap my pocket to make sure my Keyes are there. Whenever I do something out of my parking routine, I tend to forget things -- keys, taking something out from under the seat, or top case.

Strange, how we're creatures of habit.

- Wolf

Scooter Dan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2016, 08:40:42 PM »
I ran into Wal-Mart the other day and thought I left my cell phone in my top box. When I returned from buying a bike cover I couldn't find my phone and glanced over to the seat and there it was on the passenger section. That's not as bad as going to the mall and coming out and finding my truck missing. I was freaking out as I've had one stolen in the past and it's a horrible experience. I flagged down mall security and he told me to jump in his vehicle. He drive around to the backside of the mall and there was my truck. Just forgot where I parked it. Always love to hear a good ending to a story Tom.
2003 Honda Silverwing ABS
2005 Kymco Bet and Win 250

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2016, 12:44:35 AM »
Lessons learned as told by truly good guys so maybe the rest of us can try and avoid the pitfalls. Great Christmas presents! Thanks!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()