Author Topic: Considering new UXV 450i Camo  (Read 19692 times)

Driemeyer25

• View Profile
Re: Considering new UXV 450i Camo
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2016, 02:54:32 PM »
I own  Off Road Body Armor but my family also has been selling Kymco for over ten years now. Feel free to give me a call with any questions. 314.609.2440

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2016, 03:05:06 PM »
I own  Off Road Body Armor but my family also has been selling Kymco for over ten years now. Feel free to give me a call with any questions. 314.609.2440

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Hey Driemeyer25, I have looked over many of your products for the kymco UXVs. They are definitely nice and look of highest quality. I would certainly be adding some of your products to my machine to beef it up. I particularly love the half doors. One thing I'd like to see with the half doors is fabricating them so that they would extend down to the floor board, if that makes sense? I may give you a call at some point.

Thanks-Josh

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2016, 03:44:43 PM »
Well bummer.......local dealer doesn't have any 450i in stock right now. And said it would probably be after the first of the year before they got any in. He said they could get me one there if I wanted. But I don't want them to have to drive down to South Carolina to get one and put it together and then me not buy it. So I'm searching to see if anyone else around has one in stock. Don't mind a day trip to look.  My dealer currently only has the 700's and a couple 500's in stock. Naturally in my mind I stop and scratch my head...700 vs 450 debate resurfaces itself...

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2016, 03:55:45 PM »
Well bummer.......local dealer doesn't have any 450i in stock right now. And said it would probably be after the first of the year before they got any in. He said they could get me one there if I wanted. But I don't want them to have to drive down to South Carolina to get one and put it together and then me not buy it. So I'm searching to see if anyone else around has one in stock. Don't mind a day trip to look.  My dealer currently only has the 700's and a couple 500's in stock. Naturally in my mind I stop and scratch my head...700 vs 450 debate resurfaces itself...

Just had a good idea....Tomorrow I will go to my local arctic cat dealer and look at the prowler 500 to get an idea and feel for the kymco 450i seeming how kymco builds the arctic cat prowler 500 (same machines) prowler may not have all the same storage options as 450i not sure. But none the less this will give me a good idea of the Kymco UXV 450i as well as a change to check out and compare it to the Arctic Cat Prowler 500! Now to call the arctic cat dealer and confirm they have a 500. (will be shocked if they don't they are huge and sale just about every major brand, honda suzuki ktm arctic cat yamaha and seems like maybe one other) Only would I get the cat IF it were a killer deal. No sense in paying for the name. Plus I love that Kymco gives a 250 dollar military and public service discount. Being a paramedic I really like that and respect any company that recognizes those type professions.  Well lets go make a phone to the arctic cat dealer..........

randyo

• Farmington, Strafford County, New Hampshire, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2016, 04:19:28 PM »
I gotcha, thats good that it was just ice in the belt house. But how much water were you in for it to get wet in there? I mean are they sealed good or not so good???? I have read the thread on the belt issue...Not gonna lie of every positive thing I've read on these that is the only thing that i have stopped and scratched my head about, makes me a little nervous. But as I stated before its not a boat obviously and I wouldn't treat it as such anyway.

RandyO
IBA#9560

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2016, 04:23:17 PM »
Just had a good idea....Tomorrow I will go to my local arctic cat dealer and look at the prowler 500 to get an idea and feel for the kymco 450i seeming how kymco builds the arctic cat prowler 500 (same machines) prowler may not have all the same storage options as 450i not sure. But none the less this will give me a good idea of the Kymco UXV 450i as well as a change to check out and compare it to the Arctic Cat Prowler 500! Now to call the arctic cat dealer and confirm they have a 500. (will be shocked if they don't they are huge and sale just about every major brand, honda suzuki ktm arctic cat yamaha and seems like maybe one other) Only would I get the cat IF it were a killer deal. No sense in paying for the name. Plus I love that Kymco gives a 250 dollar military and public service discount. Being a paramedic I really like that and respect any company that recognizes those type professions.  Well lets go make a phone to the arctic cat dealer..........

from what I have seen, the prowler has a cosmetically different layout on the dash and does not have a parking brake like the Kymco
RandyO
IBA#9560

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 19, 2016, 04:24:12 PM »

So did that amount of water hurt anything? Did it run fine once it was pulled out or did you have to do anything before proceeding??

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 19, 2016, 04:32:35 PM »
from what I have seen, the prowler has a cosmetically different layout on the dash and does not have a parking brake like the Kymco

Yeah I watched this video of the prowler There are some differences but pretty much the same machine. I think I like the hood better on the Kymco far as utilizing the under hood storage. I could see that cover flying off over time on the cat. The shifter looks a little different as well think the kymco has a button on the end of the handle you depress to select the gear where the prowler doesn't according to the video. And I think I like the display better on the kymco. Hard to say for sure without seeing these in person. Also another video I watched said prowler 500 top speed is 45? And best I've read on the kymco 450i says 48? Is it safe to say these machines best they'll do on top end is 45? MAYBE 50 if your lucky?

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 19, 2016, 04:37:37 PM »
So did that amount of water hurt anything? Did it run fine once it was pulled out or did you have to do anything before proceeding??

I think if I was going in the other direction, water would have gotten into the airbox and ruined the engine, as soon as the front wheel dropped into the underwater hole, I stopped and didn't even try to power my way out, I got my block & tackle out (I don't have a winch) and pulled it thru the mud hole by hand,  I put my gear back in the bed and continued to drive it as if nothing happened
RandyO
IBA#9560

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 19, 2016, 04:46:06 PM »
I think if I was going in the other direction, water would have gotten into the airbox and ruined the engine, as soon as the front wheel dropped into the underwater hole, I stopped and didn't even try to power my way out, I got my block & tackle out (I don't have a winch) and pulled it thru the mud hole by hand,  I put my gear back in the bed and continued to drive it as if nothing happened

Wheww close call! Glad that worked out for you the way it did!!!

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 04:46:34 PM »
And best I've read on the kymco 450i says 48? Is it safe to say these machines best they'll do on top end is 45? MAYBE 50 if your lucky?

it has a pretty solid rev limiter at 48, as tires wear and their diameter gets smaller, I am down to a top speed of 46, but it still gets there just as quick, these things are so narrow and short wheel base, you don't want to go 50

before I got my Kymco, I used to borrow a friends Arctic Cat 400 ATV to tow my firewood, it did fine, so I knew a 450 would be plenty of power, my brother has a Prowler 700 and it doesn't perform that much better that the engine size would indicate 
RandyO
IBA#9560

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 04:54:14 PM »
it has a pretty solid rev limiter at 48, as tires wear and their diameter gets smaller, I am down to a top speed of 46, but it still gets there just as quick, these things are so narrow and short wheel base, you don't want to go 50

before I got my Kymco, I used to borrow a friends Arctic Cat 400 ATV to tow my firewood, it did fine, so I knew a 450 would be plenty of power, my brother has a Prowler 700 and it doesn't perform that much better that the engine size would indicate

I understand what your saying with the speed and the size of the machine. So whats your thoughts randyo on the kymco 450i vs the kymco 700i engines? Any real world differences or significant top end differences?

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 05:18:16 PM »
I really dunno, I have not seen my brother do anything with his 700 Prowler any faster than I can get done ith my 450i, I'm sure he can go faster and maybe pull more weight, but I haven't seen him do it, in fact, I haven't seen him use his Prowler for anything close to the capabilities of even the 450i, he has other equipment (log skidder, excavator, tractor, dump truck, even an old Oshkosh) that he uses for heavy lifting
RandyO
IBA#9560

jew8201

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 05:23:22 PM »
I really dunno, I have not seen my brother do anything with his 700 Prowler any faster than I can get done ith my 450i, I'm sure he can go faster and maybe pull more weight, but I haven't seen him do it, in fact, I haven't seen him use his Prowler for anything close to the capabilities of even the 450i, he has other equipment (log skidder, excavator, tractor, dump truck, even an old Oshkosh) that he uses for heavy lifting

So theres really no real world differences between the two other than maybe slightly more top end of the 700.

Whats everyone prefer for seats...bench on the 450i vs buckets on the 700i???

randyo

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 05:34:03 PM »
I much prefer a bench seat, the seating position is more comfortable for me, the seat is roomier, and if I have to slide in from the passenger side I can if I've parked to close to something on the driver side

I'm not sure, to the Arctic Cat's have tilt steering wheel?  for me, that is the most important feature for access of getting in and out
RandyO
IBA#9560

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()