Author Topic: Brrrrrr!  (Read 3078 times)

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
Re: Brrrrrr!
« Reply #15 on: December 21, 2016, 06:14:02 PM »
It's a lovely bright sunny day here today, but f-f-f-freezing. (or maybe a degree above it). The roads were clear and dry though so I had a quick blast up to town and back.

One thing though, it was a sod to push out of the shed - almost like I'd left the handbrake on. So whys that then? Drivebelt stiffening up with the cold? Transmission fluid thickened? Brakes maybe stuck on a bit with the cold?

It was fine when I got back however.
      25  C. below    and my scooter moved easy,  I have full syn. grease on my axels, 

ole two wheels

• ole two wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 21, 2016, 08:11:48 PM »
If it's hard to push, my vote would be the reduction gear oil. That stuff gets thicker than molasses in January. It's 52 here today, in the dear ole south and will be 67 on CHRISTmas day. Gotta ride.

Mac
Mac 

2012 Kymco DT300
1996 Honda Shadow Spirit 1100

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 22, 2016, 01:52:53 PM »
Ah well, the weather went downhill last and it's going to be a bit stormy for the next few days. Which is fine, given I've nothing important to do and nowhere that I desperately need to go to.

So this morning I read about Tennessee. Seems like an alright kind of place. Probably to many guns for my liking though

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 22, 2016, 10:08:44 PM »
Next few days are going to be hot and sunny so might jump on the LIKE on Christmas day and spend a couple of early hours at the beach relaxing.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2016, 03:22:36 AM »
Next few days are going to be hot and sunny so might jump on the LIKE on Christmas day and spend a couple of early hours at the beach relaxing.

somebody sneak over there and let the air out of his tires.
"Hot & Sunny.....beach." Geez. ;)
Stig
check your tires , and ride safe - I guess.
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

de dee

• 2011 300i downtown 82,265 KM.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2016, 05:10:16 AM »

you are a polar bear, or is there a hot tub at the beach,.   two attaboy for you!!! the life style I dream about,.   plus side I have my tractor to ride all winter, plowing or snow blowing  ,. 

Snorvey

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2016, 10:18:11 AM »

Enjoy, but do watch out for nasty spiders crawling up your anus, deadly snakes in your Christmas tree, killer sharks in the sea.....ooh, and sunburn.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()