Author Topic: how many restrictions do the kymco agility city 50cc have?  (Read 7518 times)

Jonas

• View Profile
how many restrictions do the kymco agility city 50cc have?
« on: February 13, 2016, 06:19:32 PM »
The year it was made is 2014 and it has now been driving for more than 500 miles (eu).
I may buy a unrestricted cdi soon but i want to know if it has any further restrictions.
Currently it will slowly accelerate to 45 km/h and won't go any higher unless it's a downhill and will then automatically brake so it won't more than max 50 at a really steep hill. If it has a boss and/or variator restriction do they impact the top speed, if it even has those restrictions?

blue

• View Profile
Re: how many restrictions do the kymco agility city 50cc have?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2016, 10:33:57 PM »
If it has a boss and/or variator restriction do they impact the top speed, if it even has those restrictions?

Yes it will.You will have to change out the cdi and the drive boss and get a bigger main jet. and find out what size rollers you have you may have to go lighter ones.

Jonas

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2016, 12:31:32 AM »
I know that changing the main jet will increase the acceleration, but i will not go that far yet. Changing to lighter rollers will increase acceleration and maybe top speed then as well. Since the cdi is the easiest part to change i might start with that and will go from there to changing rollers etc if having a unresteicted cdi won't be enough. I want to avoid tampering with the rollers and boss becuase i don't have any expertice or the tools for the job. When the rear is in the air it will go more than 50 km/h, is it because that there's no weight or that the speed-o-meter won't register the speed so it won't hinder it?

Jonas

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2016, 04:22:57 PM »
Does the newer models have the v-ring speed limitation?

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2016, 03:25:37 AM »
obviously the exhaust is retricted
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

blue

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2016, 01:55:09 PM »
The boss has to be replaced with the right one or the up grade is just a waste of time... good luck.

tvniklas

• Passed the golden age 40...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2016, 07:28:15 AM »
obviously the exhaust is retricted
How and where is the exhaust restricted?
Agility -2015
Kymco Downtown 300i ABS -2013
ODO: 9950km
Dr Pulley 15g / Orginal rollers  (change all the time)
Gas average 0,29L/10km
--------------------------------
Kymco Like 125  -2016  -Sold
Kymco Agility 50 -2015 -Sold
I have 14g ,15g and 15,5 Pulley´s to sell

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 06:14:18 PM »
Quote from: tvniklas
How and where is the exhaust restricted?
The exhaust on a Kymco isn't restricted - it's the CDI that limits max engine rpm, and the variator boss that limits rear wheel rpm.  Changing components may not work on fuel injected models since the ECM will counteract any changes you make.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2016, 06:22:38 AM by JJJoseph »

jesseg010

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2016, 01:12:25 AM »
deff. try the jets first

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2016, 08:18:02 PM »
Start with the variator Boss & jets for your best bang for the $'s.  My wife's 2013  had a restricted variator boss 3mm ridge on the end, won't let it shift up all the way, changed it to a smooth one . The carb measured 16mm at the spigot, the manual calls it 17mm equivalent. I bought a 20mm for the 72cc big bore I installed. You can replace the stock 85 jet with a 90 or 95 jet, The stock jet is very lean to meet emissions, test & tune for your area/elevation. There were areas in the intake tube between the air box & carb that were necked down, I ground them out. I also used a hole saw to cut the plate inside of the air box to get more air to the filter. As for the CDI I left the stock one in. From what I've read some people have cut these newer boxes & never hit a wire/supposed to eliminate the rev limiter. I've also read the rev limit is higher in them than on the older models. I also cut the 5/8" pipe off the end of the muffler & welded a 1" pipe on. The biggest restriction was the 50cc's with the 72cc BB her bike pulls 28-30 mph up the biggest hills here in Marquette MI which leaves my friends stock Honda in a hurry
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

adkbiker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2016, 10:50:26 PM »
I have a 2014 Agility 50.  I found the stock CDI to work much better than a Kymco "non-rev limited" CDI.  I replaced the stock carb with a 20mm CVK I got from Scrappydog.  Also, my scoot had a good size aluminum washer as an intake restrictor located just ahead of the carb in the intake manifold.  It is easy to remove.  Along with putting in a smooth variator boss, these mods helped a lot. 

mury

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2016, 10:15:17 AM »
Hello Kymcos,i,m from Bulgaria,now i,ll drive Piaggio Liberty 50 2T-great machine !!!! But i looking for Agility 50 City,i like it a lot.I identified one instance in 2013, and I want to know what exactly are its restrictions, it really 2013 model will not limit at CDI ???? Thanks in advance.Hopefully by Christmas I can boast here with my Kymco.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()