Author Topic: Which upgrade?  (Read 1227 times)

ThehardcoreFTW

• Verstand op nul, blik op oneindig
    • View Profile
Which upgrade?
« on: November 04, 2016, 09:28:00 AM »
I am planning to install my 72cc soon (got in yesterday), thing is: I still got some money left for a little upgrade, but I don`t really know which one would give the greatest amount of power increase; Sports camshaft (Naraku V2) or sports variator (Malossi Multivar)?

Setup:
Leovince exhaust, 82 jet (will change to 88 w/ BBK), de-restricted CDI, boss and intake, 5.5g rollers (will change to 6g w/ BBK)

beermak

• View Profile
Re: Which upgrade?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2016, 12:22:56 PM »
Hi id be considering a bigger carburator instead. Thats going to make the most out of it. If you do have a larger one and if you want to choose between those 2 mods id go with the malossi

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

JayAre

• Jay Are
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 12:21:47 AM »
When I put a 72cc kit with a head into my wife's 13 Agility I couldn't tune the stock carb in the top end. I ended up buying a 20mm Keihin for $43 off Ebay. It runs great after jetting & playing with the air bleed a little. I have a long post that may help you, search my name for 50-72cc. Good Luck!
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 12:24:04 AM by JayAre »
My wife never asked, " can you make it go faster?" until we bought a 4 stroke Moped. My reply, "yes dear"
2013 Agility 50 de-restricted with 72cc piston & head.
2-2005 Yamaha Zuma's 50cc 2 stroke bone stock

JJJoseph

• Kymco Sento
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2016, 07:10:26 AM »
Sports cams give really good results.  The variator upgrade gives very little performance boost. I never bother with big carbs since they're too much fiddling for any useful return.  The stock carb, slightly up-jetted with a cone filter works pretty good with most mods.

ThehardcoreFTW

• Verstand op nul, blik op oneindig
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2016, 05:20:58 PM »
I am yet to install the BBK, will wait for december holiday so I`ve got time to fix things when they go wrong and I don`t need to cycle to my school every day.

One thing I did and what I recommend others to do as well: Change your jetting from 82 to ~86 and drill some holes in your air filter box (~20).
I now steadily make about 300 more RPM`s and a gained noticeable amount of extra torque witch really helps with the acceleration, almost as good of a performance increase as the Malossi Multivar. Only thing is that my top end was cut off with about 4kmh (2.5mph), guess I`ve got too light of roller weights.

I also installed the Malossi Multivar, also fully recommend everyone to buy it, it does wonders to acceleration (I can finally keep up with the cars!). Am yet to install the white torque spring though, haven`t got the right tool for the job. Anyone who knows how to take the clutch assembly off?

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()