Author Topic: 2013 Kymco UXV500i. Fuel senso and float  (Read 628 times)

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
2013 Kymco UXV500i. Fuel senso and float
« on: May 31, 2020, 01:58:51 AM »
Is the fuel sensor and float bulb wired into the fuel pump(inside the tank).  My machine had been worked on prior to my ownership.  I opened up the tank to check on the fuel sensor and now the fuel gauge no longer displays. Any help appreciated.   I did get a new fuel sensor and bulb and the one in my tank is not correct sensor blue like Kymco.  Just need to know where to connect it so my gauge displays again and I have a working fuel gauge. 

souzamoto

• View Profile
Re: 2013 Kymco UXV500i. Fuel senso and float
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2020, 03:39:29 PM »
So, in a prior post you wrote "I purchased this side by side used with les then 100 miles on it last year.  Runs great!   Shifter is tricky put have figured it out.   The fuel gauge has never worked.  The seller said it sat outside and in ocean air and had to re-coat the gas tank and said the float tube got stuck.  Does anyone know what part I would need to order so the fuel gauge works?"
Here you say the gauge never worked and just now you say you opened it up and now the gauge doesn't work.
Which is it?
If you notice, the fuel pump and float assembly are one unit. I believe they are separate wiring within the gang plug (they could share one common 12v power source wire) so there should be no discussion how it plugs in. Unless, mice or rats have gotten into the wiring harness somehow up the line.

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »
So, in a prior post you wrote "I purchased this side by side used with les then 100 miles on it last year.  Runs great!   Shifter is tricky put have figured it out.   The fuel gauge has never worked.  The seller said it sat outside and in ocean air and had to re-coat the gas tank and said the float tube got stuck.  Does anyone know what part I would need to order so the fuel gauge works?"
Here you say the gauge never worked and just now you say you opened it up and now the gauge doesn't work.
Which is it?
If you notice, the fuel pump and float assembly are one unit. I believe they are separate wiring within the gang plug (they could share one common 12v power source wire) so there should be no discussion how it plugs in. Unless, mice or rats have gotten into the wiring harness somehow up the line.

Thanks for your comments.  I have looked at the unit again.  Upon review the the float assembly is attached the fuel pump.  It has a snap connect that snaps in.  When I dislodges I can removed the float assembly but it's tethered to a logic boat with two small blue wires.  The wires do look like there are tiny bite marks or slits exposing wire..  When I was able to remove the float assembly out side the gas tank the fuel gauge would display on my my dashboard screen.  However, whenit installed it back on the fuel pump and submerged back into the gas the fuel gauge display disappeared.   Not sure what to do next any suggestions appreciated.  I will to to try an fix if I have an idea what I should do.

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2020, 11:37:16 AM »
I can't imagine this is not a difficult fix I just need to find the connection so I can have my gas tank accurately display my fuel level.

I did notice the float arm was stuck and I decided to add a bit of spray gun oil and it loosed up the arm to work freely.  Now I need to know where to make sure the wire is connecting correctly to display my fuel levels.

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2020, 11:38:16 AM »
I'll take pics on my next post if required. However if anyone has any ideas to fix please share.

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2020, 11:56:34 AM »
So far with Kymco digital/LCD gas gages, the display disappears when they are unplugged. So that means you have a bad contact in or near your sender. Could also be an unintentional ground.
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

TomOnTheRun

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2020, 12:04:16 PM »
So far with Kymco digital/LCD gas gages, the display disappears when they are unplugged. So that means you have a bad contact in or near your sender. Could also be an unintentional ground.
I've re-read your message. 

I'll check to the wires more closely coming to of the sender that goes into the circuit board or wires going into the fuel pump.  I'll post pics later.  Thanks!   Your reply is most helpful.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()