Author Topic: Windshield for the S250  (Read 5871 times)

Joebug

• View Profile
Re: Windshield for the S250
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2016, 10:35:20 PM »
So I received the windshield in one piece installed and it works like a charm...check it out...straight from Italy!

Joebug

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2016, 10:42:20 PM »
The fit is not too bad...had to massage it into place here and there but overall fits well... It does rest on the turn signals but I will not bother relocating them, its not that bad. The wind is now coming from behind and I smell a little fumes at lower speeds, I do notice that it does create more resistance and have to twist the throttle a bit more in places that I didn't have to before. I like it...very European....even the decals on it are written in Italian! Lol

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 15, 2016, 02:17:12 AM »
10-4

It looks really nice, glad you took the bait and tried one out.

1. How did they pack it where it made it over here in one piece?

2. My Givi has the wind that comes around and hits me in the back, cooler times is the only time it bothers me, where i would normally not have to wear a jacket, I do now because of the cold coming up behind me.

3. How tall is this one, say (measuring from the backside) from the top of your dash to the top of the shield?

4. Between the signals and my shield I put black pieces of foam so my signals or shield would not be scratched.

5. Total price to get it over here?

6. For others who have an interest, who did you buy it from .
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
87 Yamaha Riva 200 (Sold)
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Joebug

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 15, 2016, 12:28:10 PM »
10-4

It looks really nice, glad you took the bait and tried one out.

1. How did they pack it where it made it over here in one piece?
they packed it in a STIFF cardboard box stuffed with plastic  and paper to absorb some shock and they shipped it DHL express so it wasnt in transit for very long, it took less than a week to get it.

2. My Givi has the wind that comes around and hits me in the back, cooler times is the only time it bothers me, where i would normally not have to wear a jacket, I do now because of the cold coming up behind me.
Same with this one, now instead of getting wind in the face, I am getting it from the back,... if I am wearing a T shirt driving slow in the neighborhood my Tshirt fills with air and I look like the Michelin man lol, at slower speeds I catch a wiff of exhaust now and then but not that bad.

3. How tall is this one, say (measuring from the backside) from the top of your dash to the top of the shield?
I'm not sure at the moment, I would have to measure when I get home, but the specs on the shield are 21.5 inches from the center mounting bolt above the headlight to the top of the shield by 29.5 inches wide at the widest part......Got home and measured....if I'm sitting on the scooter looking out the shield, from the top of the dash to the top of the shield is 17"...

4. Between the signals and my shield I put black pieces of foam so my signals or shield would not be scratched.
good idea, maybe a piece of black felt or something like that would work too.

5. Total price to get it over here?
it was 117 euros which at the time converted to about $132 us dollars...it may be more or less depending on currency exchange rates

6. For others who have an interest, who did you buy it from .
I bought it off ebay...the seller who was willing to ship to USA is... craamato   Also, for others interested...the item is an Isotta is-e68 with the a-415 attachment hardware kit, do a google search and it will come up.

« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:23:50 PM by Joebug »

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 16, 2016, 05:27:15 PM »
Great, I think that will help the ones looking for a shield as the pickings are slim as you know and I will see how tall this one is compared to my Givi for reference.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

Tromper

• Seattlish
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2016, 07:05:45 AM »
Looks pretty much like the one I have for my s200.  I found it a bit tall when riding in the rain (couldn't see over it), but it did do the job.
It could probably benefit from a snapvent or two in my experience.
2008 SYM HD200 "Niwanibiz"
2018 Suzuki Burgman AN650z "Bebaamaadizid"

k9 S200 (Blue) "Max" (Sold)
k8 SYM HD200 "Indigo" (Deceased)
k7 Suzuki Burgman 650 "Ohanzee" (Sold)

TLRam1

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2016, 10:26:44 PM »
My Givi is 19 1/4 inches from the dash to the top for reference.
Terry
10 Kymco People S 250
Allen TX (Dallas)
cli-maxridinggear.com

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()