Author Topic: Hero Rider of the Day  (Read 1280 times)

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
Hero Rider of the Day
« on: October 06, 2016, 11:17:13 AM »
Always good to see the bad guy lose. I only hope the footage works in court as you can't actually see the driver's license plate, or a clear view of his face, but if it leads to a damage car that matches what's seen in the footage than it's a win.

http://mashable.com/2016/10/05/biker-gets-revenge-hit-and-run/#D_qHdWI8t5qQ

- Wolf

PaulF

• View Profile
Re: Hero Rider of the Day
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2016, 11:48:36 AM »
Good to see someone not get away with that, well done to the biker.   Noticed how clear the video was and checked his camera.  Go Pro 4.  I think the plate and his face will show up in the original video as it will be high definition as the camera is a 4k model. 

CROSSBOLT

• West Tennessee, USA
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2016, 12:05:10 PM »
I could hear the rider repeat the tag number. Oh, the car driver is in a heap'o trouble!

Karl
Karl

Three motorcycles 1960-1977 (restored a 1955 BSA)
Agility 50
Yager 200i
Downtown 300i
Navy tech, Ships Engineer, pilot and aircraft mechanic

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 06:08:27 PM »
Karl, I was wondering about that. Would the (Bad) other guy's lawyer say that the motorcycle rider was just shouting out letters and numbers if there's no clear shot of the guy's plate? If the number does lead to the guy's car which has clear evidence of a crash that may be enough to convict him. Hope so.

Paul, I have a feeling the rider wasn't shooting in 4K mode as that will eat up a lot of memory on his SD card (even if it's a 64 Gig version). He may have had it set at 1080 30p which would still be good enough for a screen pic.

- Wolf

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 12:06:35 AM »
I have posted vids on youtube before and even when viewed at a hd setting on youtube the quality is no where near the original clip due to the conversion process.
If you go to the original youtube clip and set it to 1080p on full screen the look at the 43 second mark of the clip you can easily make out the number plate. 

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 03:11:45 AM »
Nice. That’s a win for the good guys. Thanks for posting.

- Wolf

PaulF

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 03:40:40 AM »
Nice. That’s a win for the good guys. Thanks for posting.

- Wolf

No worries,  as you said it's a win for the good guys.   Haven't got a camera yet but hopefully soon.

Paul

ScooterWolf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 04:31:19 PM »
I’ve really been enjoying my Drift Ghost-S. Great quality. Though it may not be as robust as a GoPro in terms of shooting 2 or 4K, the rotating lens has allowed me to shoot angles and vantage points I couldn’t on a GoPro.

I may be taking a trip outside of Philadelphia this weekend that I hope to shoot as well.

- Wolf

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()