Author Topic: Almost at wits end trying to start 2014 200i 'project'. Any ideas??  (Read 4426 times)

TroutBum

• 2012 Like 200i (sold)
    • View Profile
Re: Almost at wits end trying to start 2014 200i 'project'. Any ideas??
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2016, 07:09:04 AM »
Thanks mob for the update. This adds to our knowledge base of our Likes. Sorry to hear the Yamaha fuel pump will need replacing, but hopefully you'll be up and running soon.

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2016, 01:59:47 PM »
Yes, sorry to hear that the $60 Highflow 30mm EFI Yamaha fuel pump did not work for you.
Mine works perfectly, and actually seems of better quality...hear it run for a few seconds with key on, then gets quiet. Scoot still starts instantly, every time, without any wait for fuel pump to spool up.
Kymco "fuel pump assembly $200". Cannot buy just the 30mm pump apparently. You will be reinstalling orig. fuel pump, or ? With switch connected will orig. pump now work?
Switch ' behind handlebars' ?? Behind from rider, or behind from front?Brake lever switches? I thought scoot will start and run with only one connected.
Maybe it was kill switch disconnected? That behind...
So, connect switch and replace fuel pump and you are up and running? Please let us know.
Thanks for keeping us informed.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

manoverboard

• whatever......
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2016, 04:39:30 PM »
**UPDATE**
Hooray!!!..... on the road and running!!
Sorry it took so long to post the update. It was the ECU!!! I also had talked to the previous owner about the Like to maybe get some history / information.
The problems were that the son of the P.O. had tinkered with some things to try and start it. It seems when he went to replace a bent lever, he had unplugged the kill switch partly. #1 problem (and fixed). He apparently had heard to tap the ECU from somewhere, and didn't tap, but hit, and damaged it. (#2 problem fixed by replacement).
The fuel pump was OK, so, the Yamaha replacement is working A OK.
Thanks to all who offered advice and helpful tips!
Merry Christmas to all! 
 8)
Kymco People 50

big blue

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2016, 04:52:37 PM »
Great to hear! Were you able to get just the ECU or did you have to get the whole throttle body? When I replaced mine (had the same issue as Stig did) I was only able to get the complete unit.
2012 Kymco Like 200i LX (Sold)  Salem, Oregon USA

Stig / Major Tom

• Global Moderator
  • Rural Ohio
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 25, 2016, 12:58:48 AM »
Yes, thanks for the update.
Smacking an ECU ? Don't quite get that - isn't that like hammering your head because you've lost your car keys. (few moving parts in a brain that need knocking loose)
But....I am never too surprised at what a youngster will do to a motor vehicle.
Stig
Boston Strong
Rural Ohio

And, I'm feeling a little peculiar.

manoverboard

• whatever......
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2016, 04:01:35 PM »
big blue- of course I had to get the whole unit. But at least now I'm on the road riding it.

* I just wonder that if he would have realized it was just the switch being loose in the first place, so much aggravation and cost could have been avoided.

Thanks everyone for all the help
Kymco People 50

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()