Author Topic: Re-jetting for new NCY exhaust  (Read 2523 times)

ChuDog

• View Profile
Re-jetting for new NCY exhaust
« on: July 18, 2016, 06:07:15 PM »
Hi Everybody.

My first post.  I'm reading that I should increase the min jet size to compensate for the new NCY better flowing exhaust.  Went to my Kymco dealer, and they had nothing that would fit (the thread sizes were all too large).  The stock size is #85, and I think I should go an #88?  Do you know a source to order these?  I saw some online, but hesitated to buy, not knowing if the threads would be the correct size.  Thanks for your help!

2009 People 50 2T
NCY Exhaust
Stock Keihin Carb (Main jet #85 / Idle Jet #35)

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
Re: Re-jetting for new NCY exhaust
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 09:19:29 PM »
hello ChuDog, welcome to the forum.  Your exhaust looks like for 4T, and you have a 2T?  Could be problem there?
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 09:30:37 PM »
Maybe exhaust OK, IDK.  I have 05 People 50 2T, and got OEM Keihin jets from jetsrus.com.  Look for Keihin PB16 jets, below is a link.  If you can, measure your jets to be sure these jets fit your carb.  Cheers

https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_keihin_99101-116_main_round_small_and_38-xxx.htm
1st and 2nd usually have an unfair advantage.  3rd is usually the best, can learn the most from.  paraphrased from Don Quixote, over 400 years ago, still true today

ChuDog

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2016, 01:58:40 PM »
hello ChuDog, welcome to the forum.  Your exhaust looks like for 4T, and you have a 2T?  Could be problem there?
It is indeed a 2T pipe.  I installed it last night, and it fit perfectly.  NCY Item #0500-1046  Stainless steel with a nice polished finish.  Runs good with the stock jet, but will report back with an update after trying out a larger jet

ChuDog

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 01:59:23 PM »
Maybe exhaust OK, IDK.  I have 05 People 50 2T, and got OEM Keihin jets from jetsrus.com.  Look for Keihin PB16 jets, below is a link.  If you can, measure your jets to be sure these jets fit your carb.  Cheers

https://www.jetsrus.com/a_jets_by_carburetor_type/jets_keihin_99101-116_main_round_small_and_38-xxx.htm

Thanks for the info!

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 02:53:15 PM »
yes, exhaust looks cool, it was new for me.  aftermarket main jets work OK, but I suggest buying the more expensive OEM idle jets.  aftermarket idle jet didn't work for me.  Cheers

ChuDog

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 03:12:12 PM »
yes, exhaust looks cool, it was new for me.  aftermarket main jets work OK, but I suggest buying the more expensive OEM idle jets.  aftermarket idle jet didn't work for me.  Cheers
Thanks Chaz.  You suggest bumping up the idle jet too, and not just the main?
Currently: Main Jet #85 / Idle Jet #35

Here's a pic.  It's wifey's scooter - aptly named the 'Sherbert Express'

chaz35

• old guy
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 07:59:26 PM »
no, not suggesting idle jet unless needs it.  I run after market pod air filter and Tecnigas pipe, so I upped the idle jet too. scooter looks good.

paceneedsstides

• Cuz I can't drive...55!!...No I mean that I try...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2016, 03:29:38 AM »
did you notice a substantial increase in power and speed? If not that is not an expansion exhaust and is not a true 2T pipe but more of the stock version just looks prettier. A 2T expansion exhaust is for 2T what a performance cam is for 4T and is next to a BBK the single biggest performance gain you can get.
2013 Kymco/Malossi Like 70 2T
Technigas Next R Chrome exhaust
Malossi Dellorto 19mm Carb
94 main jet
Malossi Multivar
Dr Pulley 6gr Sliders
Malossi Blue Rear Pulley Spring
Malossi Torsion controller
Stage 6 Sport Pro Clutch
Stage 6 upgear kit
Malossi PHBG Open Racing Filter Chrome Covered

ChuDog

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2016, 05:57:52 PM »
Yes, noticable increase in both pep and top end speed. Ordering jets this week to experiment. Also have the unrestriced drive boss ordered.

mclark999

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2016, 07:53:20 PM »
If you don't change the air filter at all, you won't need to change slow jet. I doubled the size of my air box opening and then had to go up one size on slow jet.  You'll probably want to go up two sizes on your main jet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Denver, Colorado, USA 5,300 Feet Elevation

2007 Kymco People 50 2T
Tecnigas Trek exhaust
OEM variator with 6 gram rollers
OEM 16mm carburetor

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()