Author Topic: Good news everyone.(tires)  (Read 6659 times)

art

• View Profile
Re: Good news everyone.(tires)
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2010, 02:18:08 AM »
They take quite a bit after sitting to get fuel to float bowl.I usually find the vacume line to the petcock,and the fuel line.disconect,suck on vac see fuel flow,if flowing replace fuel line give it aother blow job to fill the bowl.Carb is probly tarnished,but you might be suprized,I'v had all mine running within 15 min.not always well but running,then the fun begins!
Kymco peoples too many ;) I'm not an expert just a full time hobbiest.

wordslinger

• undead primate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2010, 02:22:20 AM »
...suckin' th' tube...

.. imma go ahead and do a thorough clean-out before i even get started...

..eliminates headaches and frustration...

;D
..every mod (action) necessitates a (reaction) mod..

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2010, 03:04:43 PM »
Once you learn to get the plastic off,4 screws in the seet bucket the rack 2 more screws around the floor board all pops off at once disconect the rear lights Its outathere.4 head bolts your in!so far not running has been a simple carb clean.can do a whole top end in about an hour if not drinking to much and loseing stuff ;D

drinking to much and can find what u cant sit down..... hmmm do i know you?!! jk

art

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2010, 03:12:30 PM »
Ha! I,m in portland oregon,since it's been raining,I've been able to be patient with this tire thing,but looks like good weather ahead might have to start playing with the rollers.I'll post the outcome when i can

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2010, 03:15:54 PM »
im having the same problem with my rear tire. i was on ebay. just typed in 120 80 16 and got to looking and saw a pirelli mt 75. had 2 get it. but it looks HUGE! i think i like it. but i lost so much take off, top speed i may have gained 2 or 3 mph but not worth the power loss. if i lighted the rollers i would lose top end? i got 6 gram rollers in now......... another weird thing i replaced the belt before i replaced my back tire and with the worn belt it had WAY better pick up and hill climbing power. it just topped out @ 47 on the speedo on flats. after the new belt it does a good bit over the 50 mark but lost the pulling power.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2010, 03:26:22 PM »
I'm highly moded and topping there now(50) was around 70 :'(Engine working way to hard to get that.I was running the 6.5g with the pipe and pod,went to the 7g with the big bore kit.I lost at both ends not sure which way to go yet.I think all run heavier to start,because it seems to peak to early.i'll start in a hour or 2 let ya know how it goes
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:35:31 PM by art »

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 03:37:34 PM »
i'm gonna try going 5.5 on the rollers. time 2 get the drill

art

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 03:42:56 PM »
Well If there a brite side you were going to kit it right?Ya I think I better get to work on mine got to pull the cover for new ver.anyway,if it ever shows up.I'll be back!

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 03:49:50 PM »
i really didn't want to kit it. didn't want to ruin a good thing. everything but the pipe cdi and now tire. its got 18000 kms on it. it may be about time. looks like i'm gonna have to search on squisk leak down testers and no telling what else.

art

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 04:16:41 PM »
These motors are pretty tuff,might not be so bad What main are you running.I found the #85 worked best.Can't turn on my compressor to remove ver. wife works nights she'll kill me!

art

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 07:03:09 PM »
O.K. Dre and anyone else following I put my stock 8.5g rollers back in gained my take off back low mid still a little slugesh once revs caught up could hammer an inch past 50 again with top to spare ;Dcame back and swapped in a set of 8.0g rollers got the mid back but still working to hard at the inch past.Anyone got some 8.10 or 8.25's Ha!I'm guessing my speedo is reading around 8mph slower than actual at this point.Got to get me one of thos gps gadgets someday.Good luck all

zombie

• You never know do ya!
  • Close enough to get the idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »
You can drill out the heavier rollers to lighten them up a bit. A stiffer contra spring will help hold the lower gearing too.
"They have nothing in their whole imperial arsenal that can break the spirit of one Irishman who doesn't want to be broken."   Bobby Sands...

art

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »
Ya sounds good I'm waiting on my veriater to finalize.Glad I got it close at this point,wasn't pretty at first.Should be sweet when done.I thought it was odd having to go up in weight,but it did feel like it was peaking to soon.Hope this helps everyone,mayby should change the name of this thread Ha!

dreflu

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 09:16:55 PM »
i drilled my rollers out to 5.4 got most of my pick up back just lost a little top end gonna try 5.6. the engine is running at a pretty high rpm. i'm afraid to hit it on take off. i'm barely getting past the 50 on my speedo. its WAY better than it was. i might just end up buying another tire

art

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 09:24:54 PM »
Do you have a stiffer clutch spring installed

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()