Author Topic: Kymco Super 8 - 4 stroke  (Read 1362 times)

waqr

• View Profile
Kymco Super 8 - 4 stroke
« on: August 15, 2016, 01:51:05 PM »
Hi!

I just bought a 2009 Super 8 (4 stroke version) and I have removed the shoulder on the variator boss and I have also removed one of the purpole wires going into the CDI. By doing this I increased the top speed with roughly 7mph to 32mph. However, I would like the reach atleast 35mph. I noticed that the variator roller weights are pretty heavy (about 7 grams) Will I gain or loose top speed if changing to 5,5gram roller? I know that you usually loose top speed with lighter rollers but maybe the stock ones are just to heavy

Would be interesting to hear from someone who actually have experience with this scooter.

Thanks!

agoncalvesjr89

• View Profile
Re: Kymco Super 8 - 4 stroke
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »
hey man, 4 stroke one is harder to tweek to get faster. lighten up them roller weights a gram. up the amount of air going in using free flow filter or drilling holes... and upjet a couple sizes in the carb ......( or get bigger carb),, YOU MUST LEARN YOUR CARBURETOR   - new exhaust will do alittle bit too... not as much as the 2 strokes....
2013 SUPER8 2T 50
70cc MALOSSI KIT
STOCK CARB MAIN JET AT 98 , STOCK AIR BOX SNORKEL REMOVED.
NARAKU VARIATOR 6 GRAMS SLIDER / ROLLER COMB.
TECNIGAS NEXT R EXHAUST
SLIGHTLY LONGER THAN STOCK GATES DRIVE BELT.
TOP SPEED 50ISH , TONS OF POWER. 45MPH CRUISING

waqr

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 01:16:12 PM »
Thanks!

I will give a try and see if it changes the speed.

mlsmith2924

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 05:29:07 PM »
I just bought a super 8 4 stroke as well, how did you remove the shoulder on the variator?
2016 Super 8 50X
washer in intake manifold removed, CDI wire cut, re-jetted, smooth variator boss

waqr

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 11:54:24 AM »
I just bought a super 8 4 stroke as well, how did you remove the shoulder on the variator?

I gave it to a machine shop and the machined it away. Or you could just buy a new boss without the shoulder.

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()