Author Topic: 2,000 mile review  (Read 2623 times)

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
2,000 mile review
« on: May 30, 2013, 08:11:12 PM »
I picked up my peoples 200 with 770 miles on the clock, my use is mainly 6 mile commute x's 2 5 days per week weather permitting. The ride is mixed secondary highway and city streets, with a fair share of pot holes etc. Avg speed on the highways are 45-50MPH and on city streets 35 MPH when not waiting for a light.

My MPG has been a disappointment to me, but I've got to learn that 60-70 MPG in mix use driving isn't all that bad. Also when the manufacturer states 100 MPG or whatever rating it is they give its most likely done at a steady 35 MPH with no gear and a 140 lb. rider.

After about 1,500 miles I developed a bunch of rattles that worried me in the beginning, then I found out it was only 2 lose screws that help the full windscreen in place. Once they were tight I have no rattles to report, the scoot is still tight and felling new, the horn is a bit weak but it is a scoot after all. At 5'10" with an inseam of 31" I can place both feet almost fully flat on the ground when at a light. The full windscreen is great when bad weather does catch me out and about, I just lean forward and I don't get wet much at all.

I have an optional canvas type carry bag strapped on the rear luggage rack it holds a nice amount of groceries if I have to run for some milk, eggs, bread from the local market. 2 full gals of milk fit nicely with a bit of room to spare. Under seat storage is enough for my 10' Steele cable and lock, paperwork, safety vest, winter gloves, spare gloves, small air compressor and plug kit, but not much else. To me the "glove compartment" is next to useless, I have yet to find a real world use for it other then maybe paperwork, which stores better (dryer) under the seat.

Overall I'm quite happy with my scoot, if I had to moan I'd wish it were a real world 200cc and not the 163 cc is really is so I could get a real highway speed in a pinch. My top end is about 57 MPH so a short stint on a highway is OK but not safe at all. I'd much prefer hitting a true 65 MPH mark.

The Speedo is happy about 3-5 MPH so indicated speed looks better then it is.

This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

0BARK4322

• View Profile
Re: 2,000 mile review
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2015, 08:04:05 PM »
DO YOU STILL HAVE IT
ALL STOCK

• 09' Peoples 200, NJ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2015, 12:17:54 AM »
DO YOU STILL HAVE IT

Yes and over the 3K mark now.
This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties either expressed or written and confers no rights. You assume all risk for your use, the author is not responsible for your inability to understand logic, ambiguous references, sarcasm, the imaginary friends living inside my head or William Shatner

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2015, 08:39:16 AM »
08087: To me the "glove compartment" is next to useless, I have yet to find a real world use for it other then maybe paperwork, which stores better (dryer) under the seat.
 OBARK4322: I'v used mine for cellphone, gps (when not in use), keys, ins card, candy, glasses etc....but it must be small items
ALL STOCK

0BARK4322

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 09:28:33 PM »
HOPE YOU ARE STILL RIDING...I AM
ALL STOCK

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()