Author Topic: 2T Exhaust is LOUD.  (Read 1972 times)

dandyhand

• View Profile
2T Exhaust is LOUD.
« on: September 07, 2016, 07:08:24 PM »
I bought my 2T in 2005 and it was running pretty good all through college, but last summer I noticed that it was really loud around the exhaust.  It was completely rusted and had holes, so I bought a new one.  Once I installed the exhaust, it was still really loud.  I took it to a shop to fix some other things and told them about the loud exhaust.  They got her running (which was a separate issue), but told me that they couldn't make the exhaust less loud because when I had attached the exhaust to the scooter, I stripped something.  I am not the handiest with fixing things but wanted to see if there was anything I could do before buying another new exhaust or taking it into someone else.

Here is the link to the exhaust I bought:
http://www.racingplanetusa.com/exhaust-kymco-horizontal-p-4406-1.html?backcPathco=1&cPath=2_14

I can post pictures later tonight if anyone needs to see a detailed image of the area in question.

dandyhand

• View Profile
Re: 2T Exhaust is LOUD.
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 07:52:45 PM »
Here are a few close-up photos of where the exhaust is connected to the body(?)

jeeves

• Dubrovnik, Croatia
    • View Profile
Re: 2T Exhaust is LOUD.
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 05:35:49 AM »
The Bolt to the left is not screwed in?
It doesn't look stripped. There should also be some kind of gasket between the exhaust and engine.
Can you take off the exhaust, check if there is a gasket there and put everything back together? And try to get some new bolts and washers.

Poslano sa mog Lenovo TB2-X30F koristeći Tapatalk

Agility City 125

An Error Has Occurred!

Call to undefined function split()